RJ-45 MC Cthulhu+ IMP+ Xbox 360 Dual Mod Tutorial Diagram

nope.

Thank you so so so so so much for this.

Now would this be correct for the Ethernet wires?

looks about right.

One more question. The initial 360/ImpV2/Cthulhu diagram you showed. Minus the obvious cables going to the RJ-45. Would this work for USB too? If I were just dual modding it for now?

Where’s the guide for making the RJ45 cables for each system?

Just updated the first post. Should be under “Prerequisites”

Or here

Awesome! Thanks dude!

I have a quick question. when using a dpdt switch when dual modding a cthulu(or any other ps3 controller) to a xbox360 pad you have the D-and D+ lines to each system controlled by the dpdt switch. Why not use the switch to activate/deactivate the Vcc and ground lines on each pcb instead? Is there a reason why you chose to to switch the D+/D- instead of power and ground?

Both PCB must be powered at the same time.

Why? What would happen if only 1 of the pcb’s were powered but their D+ and D- were hooked together.? Wouldnt only one pcb work?

How can a PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 share Data Lines?

They cant i was talking about the wiring inside the stick. But Never-mind I looked on slagcoin’s website and he a good explanation for it. Thanks for your response though. He says you’ll get random signals and weird stuff if you have two pcb’s hooked together when only one pcb is powered.

I am talking about inside too.
The Data Lines cannot share between.

Both PCB need to be powered, because a Dual Mod is one big circuit.
If one PCB is powered, there will be random stuff happening.
Signals getting pulled to Ground and other weirdness.

Ok thanx

A+++++ for this post :wink: luv it

will the DPDT switch method still work if i didn’t have the MCC board and had the PS3/PC board and a 360 common ground board?

Yes.

Also you had better remove those images quotes before you get an infraction for wasting bandwidth.

I hate seeing people infracted for minor image quotes, especially if they’re just trying to provide context for their message. But that is the flagrant screen-eater type with just a one-liner message. Die, scrollwheel murderer!

quick question: after wiring up a 360 PCB and impv2 to an RJ45 output, will the the USB-out connector attached to the MC Cthulhu still be functional?

basically, i was thinking of using neutrik RJ45 for older consoles and a standard USB cable via neutrik USB for ps3/360. FYI: the reason I wanna do this is I like how the neutrik USB + USB cable can act like a breakaway cable for those “accidental trips” during casuals @ my local scene. I’m willing to “take the risk” with the RJ45-cable’d older consoles since I won’t be using them much.

thanks.

Add the neutrik USB jack to the case. Then you can either cut a short piece of USB cable and solder the four wires to the Impv2 in the USB jack spot so it plugs into the inside of the neutrik USB jack, or just add a USB jack to the Imp v2 and use a short USB cable to connect it to the neutrik jack. Use the USB spot on the Imp v2, NOT the one on the Cthulhu.