RJ-45 MC Cthulhu+ IMP+ Xbox 360 Dual Mod Tutorial Diagram

I believe I wired everything correctly. If it’s not recognized at all… Any idea why it’s not working? I didn’t fry the boards did I?

Connect a USB cable directly to the Cthulhu or 360 PCB to see. May be the Imp messing up.

Well I had to order another cheap one since I cut the current one I have.

However, when I plug it into my PC, I see the 360 guide button light up. PC doesn’t recognize it though. Cthuhu is the primary one though so perhaps it’s a problem with the Cthulhu?

Errrr crap i missed the part where you said not to bridge the disable_home on the cthulhu. Let me desolder it and see what happens.

The problem could be Imp.
Go through the Troubleshooting.

I’ve had a lot of bad Imps.
And they would have to be replaced.

The problems were same as you.

Sorry to ressurect a thread but I have a question.

Is the 360/MC Cthulhu to IMP setup exactly the same for the Imp V.2?

nope.

Thank you so so so so so much for this.

Now would this be correct for the Ethernet wires?

looks about right.

One more question. The initial 360/ImpV2/Cthulhu diagram you showed. Minus the obvious cables going to the RJ-45. Would this work for USB too? If I were just dual modding it for now?

Where’s the guide for making the RJ45 cables for each system?

Just updated the first post. Should be under “Prerequisites”

Or here

Awesome! Thanks dude!

I have a quick question. when using a dpdt switch when dual modding a cthulu(or any other ps3 controller) to a xbox360 pad you have the D-and D+ lines to each system controlled by the dpdt switch. Why not use the switch to activate/deactivate the Vcc and ground lines on each pcb instead? Is there a reason why you chose to to switch the D+/D- instead of power and ground?

Both PCB must be powered at the same time.

Why? What would happen if only 1 of the pcb’s were powered but their D+ and D- were hooked together.? Wouldnt only one pcb work?

How can a PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 share Data Lines?

They cant i was talking about the wiring inside the stick. But Never-mind I looked on slagcoin’s website and he a good explanation for it. Thanks for your response though. He says you’ll get random signals and weird stuff if you have two pcb’s hooked together when only one pcb is powered.

I am talking about inside too.
The Data Lines cannot share between.

Both PCB need to be powered, because a Dual Mod is one big circuit.
If one PCB is powered, there will be random stuff happening.
Signals getting pulled to Ground and other weirdness.

Ok thanx

A+++++ for this post :wink: luv it