Rose combo info

rose

Its been known that rose go to hit confirm combo has been Cr.

,Cr.

Cr.

into

Spiral.(168 dmg,250 stunt and 40% meter)

Where as Cr.

Cr.

Cr.

Cr.

into

Spiral does (176 dmg,270 stun and 50-55% meter)

There is a drawback BUT i believe (i may be wrong) its different in this version. Normally the second combo whiff against numerous characters living rose users to burn meter for the needed reach to confirm the combo. I’ve tested this combo and surprisingly it whiff only on 8 characters.

Such characters

Abel
Balrog
Dee Jay
Gen
Guile
Honda
Ibuki
Sakura

Rose dmg. output is quite low so i believe we should take full advantage of this knowledge( if it wasn’t known) and add it to our game.

For the characters mentioned above there is a combo with similar dmg. stunt and meter output which can be used against them.
Cr.

Cr.

Cr.

into

Spiral (178 dmg. 250 stunt and 50% meter)
The

Spiral is best to use given it has the best recovery if combo is dropped.

I really hope this is helpful. Also for the new roses joining the bouquet please take note.

Did you try against crouching characters, etc? Cuz I know you didn’t ;).

And btw, the reason why we don’t use the cr. lks is because they aren’t chainable and can be mashed in between and isn’t a true blocking string unlike jab short.

Hmm you’re right,i didn’t test it on crouching opponents.So there it is.

Cammy
Cody
Guile Blanka
Zangief
Fuerte
Vega
Balrog
Rose

This combo doesn’t hit the above characters while crouching.

After viewing the frame data i see what you’re saying . But I’ve used this quite a few times.Given low short has a little more range and is a 4 frame start up it has helped when i’m being pressured. Thanks for your insight,its helped my expand my knowledge