Smashingme started a good idea on the Rose match-up thread: post your view on the Rose-matchups. It already provided some consensus, and some discussion on several matchups.
The idea is that the more input we get, the more reliable it should become. I’m willing to merge and average all input you guys give to get the broad view on things. Of course, the scores are never final, as tier-charts tend to score at the highest level of play and that differs greatly for different levels.
I would aim at an ‘experienced level’ of Rose play, against people with experience with their char. Not top-level, that would be hard to get from this forum, but a decent level at least. The way I will try to reach that goal is:
- add weight to voters who are known to be reliable (say, if Luffy would answer I would count at least double)
- remove the highest and lowest votes for each char (to erase extreme opinions that are likely to stray the average)
- remove votes that can not be regarded as well-funded
These are selecive and subjective, and my opinion may heavily influence. But I will consider all votes that are reasonable.
To make it easier for me I will script the count, so I propose following format:
- a ‘+’ for each half point advantage
- a ‘-’ for each half point disadvantage
- a ‘x’ for equals matchups
- nothing if you don’t have an opinion on the matchup**
So a 6-4 advantage Rose-makoto wouldbe written as:
and a 4.5 disadvantage against Bison would become:
and a 5-5 against Ryu would be:
Please copy-paste following template to input your scores:
abel: adon: akuma: balrog: blanka: c.viper: cammy: chun: cody: dan: deejay: dhalsim: dudley: e.honda: el fuerte: fei long: gen: gouken: guile: guy: hakan: ibuki: juri: ken: m.bison: makoto: rose: rufus: ryu: sagat: sakura: seth: t.hawk: vega: zangief:
If succesful I will try to get the view on the other forum as well, to see who agrees to disagree.
My input (which i will weight low :)) will follow in the next post as an example