Roselee

Wooo I finally got a tablet.:smiley: This is so fun! So decided to test out my colouring skillz. Trying new styles and stuff. Wish I could colour like those Alvin Lee covers.:frowning: Well here’s Rose that I posted recently… and a Yun pic I did so long ago but didn’t want to post coz… um… his proportions are pretty weird.

http://invis.free.anonymizer.com/http://www.geocities.com/necromd/Rose2colour.jpg

http://invis.free.anonymizer.com/http://www.geocities.com/necromd/Yun.jpg

Comments n critics welcomed.:smiley:
In fact, I wonder if any of you tablet veterans have any cool tips.
My friend has been telling me good stuff about Painter.
Mmmmmm…

It’s snazzy and pop n’ fresh. Seriously, I love your work bro.

Hey this is nice. You have alot of potential. What program are you using now because i got alot of tips for ps7 if you have that. Hit me up on aim sometime.

yun looks like leonard nimoy :smiley:

Shinryukenreppa
Thanks man.:smiley:

SFMC
Yeh I’m using ps7. My main problem is choosing the right colours for the skin tones. I prefer the Yun pic cause it looks like I was more daring with the colour selection than the Rose one. Anyway, I don’t have aim so uh… :o :confused: :wink: :frowning:

Dreaded Fist
Wtf!!

Nice stuff Mr Twelve. The colors on Yun are lookin good. You’ve got some nice subtle things going on in the face. Rose is cool too, but not as good. Even though I regognize it as digital, it looks kind of like marker to me because of its translucent steaky look.

tips? from SFMC? Me=intrigued :slight_smile:

Don’t know if you were going for that capcom look which looks like your style of coloring, but here is an example. I think you could go darker in value on the shadows and up the main light source some more. Don’t be scared to paint it and your paint looks too trans. Mass your shadows some more too. Peace and you will be badass soon with that tablet.

excellent stuff!

both Twelve an’ SFMC got ill skills. amazing work on rose, your picture belongs in an art gallery rather than a fan site.

the yun is gettin there. the colors are done nicely, but as SFMC has already pointed out, you need to be much more confident with the colors you use. add bolder shadows and colors. but most of all, dont rely on capcom artists to do your art for you. no two capcom artists have the same style. also, practice more on drawing on the proportions. colors are nice, but it does not substitute a strong and structured sketch. also, you should use the history brush to clean the edges so that your pic looks cleaner. believe me, fixing all these little things will make your image ten times better.

wats your AIM sn SFMC? maybe i’ll take up on that offer…

Thx alot man. Check peeps profiles to see if they got aim and it should be in there. Shinnguyen is my sn.

sfmc is almost never on aim though, or maybe he blocked me…

Lol I don’t block anyone man. Why would you think that? I dont use aim unless I really need something from someone or vice versa. I just hate chatting that’s all. Unless you can give me a time you wanna chat I’ll be on.

Dreaded fist are you an angry person or something cause you didn’t seem like a happy camper when we chatted. If I crack on you take it as a joke as i am never serious.:slight_smile: :smiley:

notice all those pretty happy faces.

it’s cus i’m hardcore…

:slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

man sfmc you sound fucking gay

hey sweet, i hear that you have some great skill, but so far i havent seen your artwork in any of the threads. i have seen some of SFMC’s work and it is really impressive. you should put some of your stuff on this thread too, sweet.

Oh you mean like this

:slight_smile: :slight_smile: :smiley: :slight_smile: :smiley: You like that?

Goddamn SFMC you are truly the one with the tablet. I shall use these words of wisdom to perfectionize my tableting skillz. Thanks a lot man. I really appreciate it. Damn nice shining lips.

And thank you all for the comments.

Twelve art… :slight_smile:

I like the Rose more than Yun… nice to see you moving on to the tablet.

Nice! I like it, very fresh.