RoydsStick.EX coming to PS3 (Dec. 25th, 2008!)

UPDATE 01/25/09 -

Now ON SALE! $59.99! I think this is a STEAL at this price… (shipping is a bit high, but that is expected since you’re importing)… Just ordered 2 more for my collection.

Play-Asia - ROYDS Stick EX (PS3)

!

http://www.play-asia.com/SOap-23-83-fku-71-zl-49-en-84-j-70-341i.html

For those of you that don’t know about it, the RoydsStick.EX is a specialized arcade stick that has swappable panel inserts.

It was originally made for PS2 but is now coming out for PS3 (which will probably work on PC as well).

I’m a proud owner of a PS2 RoydsStick.EX and am confident in giving it a decent ranking on my Retail Arcade Stick Ranking List.

Sounds like a pain in the ass to use!

Actually, I think I made this joke last time there was a thread for it.
Thanks for sharing though.

What kind of parts does it use?

this name cracks me up but how does it work… does it come with the swappable button panels or do you buy those separately?

You have to buy the panels separately.

The stick is pretty tight compared to Hori’s… a lot of people might prefer this stick for shooters/2D fighters over Hori ones.

for the price should be a good stick, but …

I’d rather have a salaubi, For dat powerful game.

They are not listed in any particular order… but as I said, it is ‘decent’…

So what parts does this ‘decent’ stick use?

From another thread…

Do the swappable panel inserts slide in and out like 16 bit game cartridges? How does that work?

Word, and that human based design be the hotness.

More than meets the eye…

it looks CHEAP. :confused:

I’d try it tho…

ah got it :wgrin:

Nothing you’ve ever heard of:shake:
You don’t get arcade grade parts from sticks like this. The real question is always, “How upgradeable is it?”.

I think it looks cool.

This thing looks freaking loaded for making custom panel layouts and what-not. Shame though, the housing and the layout plates don’t seem large enough to add on two extra buttons. :sad:

Nevertheless, it’s awesome that this sort of thing was actually on a retail stick. It’s not even close to Shaft Agent’s custom joystick kits, but hey, I approve a retailer promoting customizing and modability like this.

This is a good stick to mod, Paik said you had to dremel the holes I think though.

http://cart02.lolipop.jp/LA12161223/?mode=ITEM2&p_id=PR00101502649

More info here…

So since the PS3 version is coming out soon… I revisited my PS2 one.

The stick feels real nice, I’m going to play with it more during winter vacation and give it a good run on HD Remix and other games.

This stick looks really interesting.

Is there any word on how moddable the buttons and stick are?

Now ON SALE! $59.99! I think this is a STEAL at this price… (shipping is a bit high, but that is expected since you’re importing)… Just ordered 2 more for my collection.

Play-Asia - ROYDS Stick EX (PS3)

^ i was thinking about getting one, to bad money is so tight right now