Ryu Agains Top Thiers

ryu

Does Ryu Stil have the game in MvsC2 like when he was in MvsC1 do you have any team or cross up, combos or anything on Ryu plss kindly post it up!

i dont get it what do u mean by (Tk’d lp) can u explain it clearly one by one plsss…:slight_smile:

Ryu can still believe it or not hold his own in this game. U just gotta know what to use and when to use it like with everything.

One good team I use ryu one is Ryu(proj or AAA)Doom(AAA)Sen(proj) believe me this team dishes out some pretty damn good damage.

Also Never and I mean NEVER uderestimate Ryu’s Overhead smash F+FP. I use it when ever I get a oppon crouch guarding.
Like dashing in or Zoning and using Doom’s AAA get my oppon to guard low and then hit them with the Overhead.

Here’ s the basic ryu combo’ s I know.
S.jab,S.Jab,S.FP shinkuu hadoken
C.lk,S.FP,Hurricane kick with FK cancel Shinkuu hadoken.
oppon in cornerS.jab,S.jab,Hadoken with FP cancel Super Hurricane kick. (takes a little timing and practice.)

Ryu’s lk hurricane kick is great cause it’s short speed and recovery. Also his Jab fireball is great for tossing out at CERTAIN oppon and then u can come at them with other stuff from behind it almost like GUILE and CHARLIE’s jab Sonic booms.

Like I said u gotta know what and when to throw out at oppon’s. Like against Cable players u know to not throw out random fireballs OTG or in the Air unless u got one very good AAA assist to catch cable before he HVB ya. Now if u can stay on cable anywhere close and mid-range uu might survive.

Ryu’s jump and hold Up+FK kick is excellent against any standard basic air attack. Example:Mag jump toward u with jab,D+lk,FP or FK u answer him back with jump hold U+FK, followed by a lk hurricance kick.

Alot of ppl have questions on how to use Ryu and what will make him better against certain chrc, But the truth is the only way to find out is to play with him and learn that’s only how you’ ll gain exp. and know what situations to use them in.

wht abt. in a situation that your opponent is just hit and run using cable,dr.doom,blackheart ive been having big trouble with these guys cause they keep running away everytime i douged him out… they just keep running away from me… how do i get a player like that…???:rolleyes:

Build 2 meters and DHC out to Storm. Ryu can’t beat Cable/Doom, and has a sort of rough time vs either Doom or BH in general. That’s a really bad team to have to fight with Ryu on point.

well i gues it depends on opponents so its limited for ryu 2 fight with those guy’s huh!? men im a big fan of ryu ever since dude oh well is gues its all capcom’s eheheheh :):lol: :lol: :smiley: :smiley:

One time I had 36 hits with ryu’s shinkuu hadouken, cause I mashed away at the buttons. Usually when opponents call in their assists I block their attack and punish them with 36 hits of my energy. This usually leaves them with 1/2 life :slight_smile: . I did this on the 3rd form of abyss…Once I let out my shinkuu he was left with 1/4 life. Talk about power.

well it works when you smash it but when the situation come like your oppent keep running away huh what well you do 2 catch him… so ryu have lest potentials on a certain things… like cable and dr.doom with blackheart

Ryu is a good enough character to hang given the right assists. If you can bait out your opponent’s assists, then Ryu basically gets in close for free. Jump fierce xx roundhouse hurricane grants you lots of distance and is hard to beat. Plus, if your opponent’s AA is Commando, you can do this in certain ranges and Corridor will whiff. This is VERY GOOD to do on Sentinel as you can usually get at least two reps of this blocked before you are pushed away.

TK fireball is a great zoning tool. Afterward, you have options of what you want to do depending on their response; another fireball, hurricane kick, jump fierce, super.

Ryu/Storm is fun because you can throw them into Storm, then launch into AC (fierce xx shinkuu fb is stylish and damaging but difficult).

Don’t forget the oodles of priority that Ryu has on his DP. If you’re fighting a Sentinel that thinks he can stomp on you for free, this will make him stop. Don’t even think of trying to do this often, though, because any player will eventually catch on and bait out the DP then fuck you up.

Basically, Ryu boils down to:

1. TK FB
  2. jump fierce xx hurricane
  3. air super

As far as runaway goes, dealing with it depends on what the situation is. If your team is winning, do nothing. Wait until they stop being stupid or they let time run out.

If the situation is more even, then you play the match like normal. Vs. Sentinel and Blackheart, you want to focus on getting in with jump fierce xx hurricane… BH shouldn’t be doing too much jump fierce (use air super if he does) and if he uses superjump roundhouse at all, you sj. fierce xx hurricane to get in. Vs. Cable and Doom, the objective is to get vertically parallel to them, where they are weak, and stay there with a consistent barrage of air attacks. When you’re in the right distance, Cable is NOT going to AHVB jump fierce xx hurricane on reaction, so remember to keep the pressure on.

If you’re losing, it sucks to be you and you’re going to have to chase the opponent down - the above tips help and work but the opponent has the option to just run from you where you can’t catch him with anything but chip damage that won’t win you the match. Don’t lose.

well i gues your ryt its not MvsC1 anymore its MvsC2 so i have 2 think more tactics its not the same as part1 ruy whoop!! ass in MvsC1! he rule’s there well i gues its just part of his gamming system!:smiley: well rouge,ryu,sent. does work nice with me what abt you mr.dasrik…???

Ryu/Cable/Cyc

These tips are coming handy though. Makes playing Ryu kind of fun. MVC1 Ryu was the shit.

I have a few questions…

1]How good are these teams?

-Ryu-b, BH, Capcom
-Ryu-b, Storm, Cyclops
-Ryu-b, Doom, Capcom
-Ryu-b, Doom, Cyclops
-Ryu-b, Sentinel-y, Commando

2]Which team is the best of these?

3]Are there better teams for him and if so, what are they?

4]What is the best position for Ryu in general?

these:

-Ryu-b, Storm, Cyclops
-Ryu-b, Doom, Capcom
-Ryu-b, Doom, Cyclops

to add something in your team

Ryu-AAA,Wolvirine(bone)-AAA,CapCom-BBB

these team can kick ass use but playing ryu is hard you have to be very patient and good defence and offence player second ryu is limited fighthing with top thier’s people like cable, mag, storm, those character’s that has air flight and AHVB, well basically i dont use ryu much in tournament’s but for yeah ill go with ryu i do most is just basic’s plus very very long timing and patient cause every people make mistake and when that happed take advantage of it example of basic and try combo Ryu, dash in lp,hp,(wolvirine assists)hurricane kick cancle it into super haduken… simple but very damaging… mostly ryu is one of the normal combos that you can use around… hope it help heheheh i dont usually use ryu i only use it with noob’s people and for fun…!!! :lol: :slight_smile:

Hmm, sub out BH in favour of wolverine and leave Commando? Okay, I guess I have 1 assist I was going to overhead them into instead of 2 [like if I had BH as well]. I’ll probably raid the wolverine thread for the stuff on boneclaws. I feel like expanding my character arsenal now.

Question: Would I be able to overhead into Boneclaws Gamma? How about throw into him? Doing either of these would be so annoying.

This is one of my teams consisting of ryu:

ryu-projectile assist, spiderman-capture assist, sent.-ground assist.

spiderman is the speed and combo guy, so i start him off. Ryu will go second cause IMO that’s where he should be in case spidey dies. Sentinel will be the power character and the last to come out.

My best team: magneto, storm, sentinel. :smiley:

these:

-Ryu-b, Storm, Cyclops
-Ryu-b, Doom, Capcom
-Ryu-b, Doom, Cyclops

to add something in your team

Ryu-AAA,Wolvirine(bone)-AAA,CapCom-BBB

these team can kick ass use but playing ryu is hard you have to be very patient and good defence and offence player second ryu is limited fighthing with top thier’s people like cable, mag, storm, those character’s that has air flight and AHVB, well basically i dont use ryu much in tournament’s but for yeah ill go with ryu i do most is just basic’s plus very very long timing and patient cause every people make mistake and when that happed take advantage of it example of basic and try combo Ryu, dash in lp,hp,(wolvirine assists)hurricane kick cancle it into super haduken… simple but very damaging… mostly ryu is one of the normal combos that you can use around… hope it help heheheh i dont usually use ryu i only use it with noob’s people and for fun…!!! :lol: :slight_smile:

Im starting to seriously use ryu/sent/tron.

Been beating most of my friends who only use top tiers, and beating them with ryu on point for most of the match. Granted this isnt the best competition, so anyone else think this team is a good one for beating more experienced players? i depend on tron assist alot, hehe.

I occasionally use cable sent tron and mags sent tron, but lately more of ryu sent tron.

anybody has a video of ryu if there is post them upp so we can see it

There is a match of JoeZaza v. Viscant where Zaza uses Ryu, he kind of gets owned but is able to throw Jay 12421414241 times. It’s not on any server, but if you hit me up on AIM I can send it.