Advantage on Guard -5 (overhead attack)

:f:+:h:
Damage 95,000
Startup 13
Active 3
Recovery 21
Advantage on Hit +4
Advantage on Guard +2

**Hadoken **:l: (Projectile has 5 low priority durability points this is for all versions)
Damage 100,000
Startup 10
Recovery 35
Advantage on Hit -2
Advantage on Guard -4

Hadoken :m:
Damage 100,000
Startup 10
Recovery 39
Advantage on Hit -6
Advantage on Guard -8

Hadoken :h:
Damage 100,000
Startup 10
Recovery 43
Advantage on Hit -10
Advantage on Guard -12

Air Hadoken
Damage 100,000
Startup 14
Recovery 43
Advantage -10
Advantage on Guard -12

Shoryuken :l: (Invincible from frames 1-2
Damage 100,000
Startup 3
Active 14
Recovery 25
Advantage on Hit -18
Advantage on Guard -13

Shoryuken :m: (Invincible from frames 1-5)
Damage 120,000
Startup 3
Active 14
Recovery 33
Advantage on Hit -21
Advantage on Guard -21

Shoryuken :h: (Invincible from frames 1-9)
Damage 150,000
Startup 3
Active 14
Recovery 47
Advantage on Hit -30
Advantage on Guard -35

Tatsumaki Senpukyaku :l:
Damage 90,000
Startup 13
Active 6
Recovery 23
Advantage on Guard -3

Tatsumaki Senpukyaku :m:
Damage 114,000
Startup 13
Active 7(6)6
Recovery 21
Advantage on Guard -1

Tatsumaki Senpukyaku :h:
Damage 143,500
Startup 13
Active 17(6)6
Recovery 22
Advantage on Guard -2

Air Tatsumaki Senpukyaku :l:
Damage 100,000
Startup 13
Active 20
Advantage on Hit +25
Advantage on Guard +23

**Air Tatsumaki Senpukyaku **:m:
Damage 117,600
Startup 13
Active 26(4)6
Advantage on Hit +4
Advantage on Guard +3

Air Tatsumaki Senpukyaku :h:
Damage 135,800
Startup 13
Active 36(4)6
Advantage on hit +7
Advantage on Guard +5

Jodan Sokuto Geri :l:
Damage 100,000
Startup 14
Active 5
Recovery 30
Advantage on Guard -9

Jodan Sokuto Geri :m:
Damage 100,000
Startup 16
Active 5
Recovery 32
Advantage on Guard -11

Jodan Sokuto Geri :h:
Damage 100,000
Startup 18
Active 5
Recovery 34
Advantage on Guard -13

Assist Data:

Shoryuken :h:
Startup 27
Active 14

Hadoken :l:
Startup 34

**Tatsumaki Senpukyaku **:h:
Startup 37
Active 17(6)6

It would be really cool if you could give frame data on assists and supers.

Also there needs to be a way to calculate frame advantage on hit for Jodan. At least there should be a statement that explains how the different kicks put your opponent in different positions.

so according to this, ryu has start up invincibility on all his shoryuken’s since it says his invincibility starts on frame 1 (at least, that what it looks like); from my testing however, this isn’t true. he can get knocked out of his shoryuken’s start up, while the active frames are when his invincibility seems to kick in. I tested this by hitting ryu with a Dante’s Standing light while ryu was doing shoryuken. it was very clear his start-up doesn’t have invincibility.

I agree it says in the book (Brandy games book) that because of its invinciblity frames its a good move to change the momentum of a match and should be used whenever the opponent has a gap in there offense.

I’ll be mashing the heck out of this move (the M and H DP cuz they have better invin frames) but it doesn’t do no such thing. It does have invin but it seems to only work well as a anti air which is not safe unless you have a good assist to cover (most players I play come at you blocking from the air) so this move is useless.

Also I’ll update that with assist frame data can’t now because I’m at work.

Oh and its highly suggested not to use Ryu’s SRK as a assist as it has no invin frames at all use his other assist options.

My team is Ryu/Chris and Morrigan

well, I actually find Ryu’s shoryuken to be a pretty good move, because it IS a very solid anti air that hits hard (harder then akuma’s in fact!) with a really good hit box. many good players do block while jumping in, but they don’t always, and when they don’t its shoryuken time. then you can anti air them in other ways and open them up by air throwing them and follow up with shinku haoduken for some easy damage if you have the bar to spare. you don’t even need a good assist to make Ryu safe on block, just cancel into air shinku hadouken to make it safe and some chip damage for good measure. Granted, the move would be 100x better if it had start up invincibility, or if it actually performed a hard knocked down, but whatever.

if I sound like I think these are really good tools, that is not the case, but these are decent ways to take advantage of this move. people don’t use shoryuken a lot, so opponents tend to forget Ryu has it. this means you can land some good hits with it and make them respect Ryu more. Ryu doesn’t have a lot going for him, so we have to make the most with what we have.

Ryu’s shoryuken assist actually does have some frames of invincibility (on its active frames, of coarse). I’m talking about…1 or 2 frames from what I tested out. You don’t want to have it for its invincibility, but like I mentioned before, it has a really good hit box, and it hits hard. it has served me well in some moments, but more invincibility really would have made it much more reliable. I think all of ryu’s assist are lack luster, so what assist you should pick with him is heavily based on your team composition. there are better anti air / get off me moves, but if your team doesn’t have access to a good one, might as well go with it.

my team is Chris (machine gun) Haggar (lariat) and Ryu (hadouken/shoryuken).

Updated with Assist frame data info.

I haven’t thought of using the SRK that way. My lil bro does that with Akuma. He’ll do a DP then cancel into hyper and I thought that was just a waste of meter but I forgot Ryu can aim his so he can make his safe.

Random note but wave dash hadoken and hk hurricane kick from my testing appear to be +15