****S.O.S Gamers present Charitably Gaming: A Fundraiser for the March of Dimes Foundation.
**March of Dimes Foundation Website
**Pregnancy, Baby, Prematurity, Birth Defects | March of Dimes
Hey everyone, it?s S.O.S Gamers again announcing another one of our charity tournaments. For this event, we have selected the March of Dimes Foundation. The March of Dimes Foundation is an organization dedicated to improving the health of babies by preventing birth defects, premature birth and infant mortality. We will do our best to inform everyone about their mission and the success that their organization has experienced.
It is our goal to make this event unlike any other video gaming event any of you have ever attended. So now, I present to everyone the details of the event:
DIRECTIONS BY TRAIN
Registration starts at 10 am (doors open)
Activities start at 11am SHARP DONT BE LATE
pre- registration will be available soon
$10 (This includes either your entering a tournament or just there to enjoy the festivities such as: coming just for the casual play,mingling or joining for raffle prizes. ITS MANDATORY FOR EVERYONE TO THAT IS INTERESTED IN ENTERING OUR FACILITY TO PAY THE VENUE FEE.
Special Events & Activities
Video Game Trivia Contest (TBA)
? It?s time to put to use all of the random videogame and pop culture knowledge that you have stored inside your noggin. We?ve got a contest that will be enjoyable regardless of whether or not you?re new to gaming or a seasoned veteran.
Raffle Prizes (TBA)
? We?re going to have a selection of prizes available for raffle giveaways. You don?t need to play video games to win these (although it wouldn?t hurt!)
Free Food and beverages (TBA)
Guest Speakers & Participant Stories (TBA)
? We at S.O.S. Gamers have charged ourselves with not only providing outstanding interactive entertainment, but also with trying to raise awareness of charitable causes and humanitarian efforts. We will take time inform everyone about how our collective support can make a difference in the world.
March of Dimes Documentaries (Pregnancy, Baby, Prematurity, Birth Defects | March of Dimes)
? The March of Dimes Foundation is an organization dedicated to improving the health of babies by preventing birth defects, premature birth and infant mortality. We will do our best to inform everyone about their mission and the success that their organization has experienced.
**Casual Play Area
Live streaming for Marvel Versus Capcom 3/Super street fighter 4 (TBA)
? Stream away we will! We will attempt to stream and record as many matches as we possibly can for those who will be unable to attend our event.
If there are any individuals who were born prematurely and feel comfortable with letting the rest of the community know, please contact us. We would like to create a photo wall that will have photos of gamers who were born prematurely. This event is all about bringing awareness to this cause and those that it supports, so if you have a personal story or history you would like to share please let us know. If you feel comfortable with having your picture up on the wall, please email Wes at firstname.lastname@example.org or email our organization at SOSGamersInc@gmail.com. Please do this only if you feel comfortable with what we are asking of you. Thank
MARVEL VS CAPCOM 3 1v1 (XBOX 360)
$10 Tournament fee (fee for each tournament you plan on entering)
Super Street Fighter 4 1v1 (Xbox 360)
$10 Tournament fee per person
Super Street Fighter 4 (XBOX 360) rules
These rules will be in effect while a single Match in the tournament is played. If you are playing in the tournament, be sure to study this section carefully, especially if you have no prior tournament experience.
- When both players are at the game console, they must come to an agreement which side of they machine they will play on (who will sit on 1p and who will sit on 2p)
- If an agreement cannot be reached, a game of paper-scissors-rock will determine who gets to pick their side.
There are 3 methods for choosing characters. Standard Selection, Double Blind Selection, and Side and Character Courtesy.
If the players do not discuss the method of character selection, it should be understood that the Standard method is being used. If the players cannot come to an agreement on the method of character selection, the judge will apply the double blind method.
- Both players choose their characters whenever they want. This is a free for all. Players pick who they want and go.
- Once either player chooses a character, neither is allowed to request that the Double Blind Selection method be used.
- Double Blind Selection
- Either player must explicitly ask for the Double Blind Selection method before either player chooses a character.
- When a player request Double Blind, the player on the left side (1p) decides which characters and modes (e.g. ISM, Assist mode, or Groove) they will choose and whispers his selection to the Judge.
- The Judge then signals the player on the right (2p) to pick his characters and play modes.
- Once the player on the right (2p) has finished, the Judge makes sure the player on the left (1p) sticks to his original choices.
- Side and Character Courtesy
- As a courtesy, the player who received his choice of which side to play on (1p vs 2p) can elect to choose his character first.
- This is strictly a courtesy. A player is in no way required to do so.
Playing the Match
- Once sides and characters have been chosen, the players should begin the first Game in the Match.
- The following rules go into effect once a Game ends
- The Match is over when either player wins the required number of games (Two out of three games for most tournaments)
- Once a player has won the required number of games, the winner of the Match should report the result to the Judge.
- If there are still Games to be played, the player who lost the Game has the option of switching sides (1p vs 2p) for the next Game.
- The player who won the game does not have the option of switching sides. He must stay on the same side if the loser does not want to switch.
- The player who won the last Game is required to keep the same characters, game modes, and order of characters for the next Game.
- The player who lost the last Game is allowed to choose whatever characters, game modes, or character order he desires.
# Reporting Rule Violations: At some point during the tournament, a player may violate either the tournament rules or the rules for a particular game in a tournament. For example, a player may switch his character selection after he won the previous game (a tournament rule violation) or he may choose Akuma in Street Fighter II Super Turbo or do the Gambit Glitch in Marvel vs Capcom 2 (a tournament game violation). The following rules apply toward rectifying rule violations.
It is the responsibly of the players in the Match to detect all Match Rule violations and report them to a Judge immediately.
ALL non-gameplay rule violations must be reported to a Judge before the Game starts (e.g. the winner switching the characters after winning one Game in a Match).
Players are not allowed to stop a Game in progress to address a non-gameplay related rule violation. Stopping a Game in progress to report a non-gameplay rule violation will result in the forfeiture the round on the part of the person stopping the game.
The only time a player is allowed to stop a Game to report a rule violation is when that violation occurs during the middle of the match (e.g. The Gambit Glitch in Marvel vs. Capcom 2).
Stopping a Game in progress to erroneously report a rule violation (e.g. your opponent using the Juggernaut glitch in Marvel vs. Capcom 2, which is allowed) automatically results in the forfeiture of the round by the player who stopped the game.
Rule violations must be reported at the time they occur. Otherwise, they will be ignored.
A Judge is allowed to report any rule violations on behalf of a player.
If a Judge stops a game to mis-report a rule violation, the Game is replayed with both players picking the same characters, order, and side. No one is disqualified.
The only people allowed to stop a Game to report a violation are the Judge and the players.
If a player accidentally or intentionally stops his game for any other reason, he will be forced to forfeit the round. Example include accidentally pressing the start button on his controller to pause the match, unplugging his or his opponents joystick, etc. If the game cannot be restarted from the exact point of interruption, the player is forced to forfeit the Game.
Match interruptions beyond the players control (e.g. the game crashes or freezes) will be dealt with directly by the Judge. All best attempts will be made to resume the round from where it left off. If that cannot be accomplished, the Game will be replayed with both players picking the same characters and modes.
Example: Suppose a player loses a Game during his Match. During the middle of the next Game, he notices that his opponent changed characters (a rule violation, since his opponent won the previous Game). Since the player did not notify a Judge immediately after the violation occurred, the player must live with the situation. If he stops the Game now, he will be forced to forfeit the Game.
Example: During your MvC2 match, your opponent uses the Ruby Heart glitch to freeze time for 15 seconds. Near the end of your match (2 minutes later) you see that you?re losing and stop the match to report the violation. Since you didn?t report the violation immediately, it is ignored, and since you?ve stopped the match, you are now forced to forfeit. Be careful.
Example: A player is up 1 round to 0 against his opponent when he accidentally kicks the power strip, turning the console off. Since this is an unauthorized stoppage of play, the player is forced to forfeit the Round. Since the game cannot continue from the point where it left off, the player is forced to forfeit the entire game.
# Reporting Equipment Failure: Video game hardware has a tendency to break down during tournaments. Buttons or joysticks will occasionally break down in the middle of a match, leaving the player on the broken side at a significant disadvantage. The following rules will be used in the event of a breakdown.
- In the event of an equipment failure, they player has the option to stop the Game in progress to obtain an replacement.
- If a Game is stopped in progress, the reporting player must forfeit the current round.
- New equipment must be immediately available. If replacement equipment cannot be obtained in a timely manner, the player must continue to play on their current equipment or forfeit the Match.
- Once replacement equipment is obtained, the player is given the rest of the round to configure their buttons and test the new equipment. If the player gains an undue advantage by doing so (e.g. charging an abundance of super meter), they must forfeit the Game.
- A player may opt to switch out equipment between Games at no penalty. When this occurs, the player will be given ample time to configure his buttons before the next Game begins.
Rule Enforcement and Disqualification
Unfortunately, sometimes things get out of hand. Rules occasionally get violated for a variety of reasons; accidentally, maliciously, or even out of ignorance. The following rules are designed to deal with rule violators in a way that ensures everyone is treated fairly. These rules WILL be enforced! Know the consequences for your actions ahead of time.
- Every participant starts off the tournament with a clean slate.
- Judges must report each rule violation to the Director immediately.
- The Director has the discretion to issue one (or more) of the following in response to each rule violation: Match forfeiture. Consequences for each violation are explained below:
***** Match Forfeiture****
- When a Match forfeiture is issued, the participant automatically loses the Match in dispute (not the Game? the Match. Know the difference!).
- The other player automatically advances in the bracket. He is not required to play a replacement.
- If no Match is in dispute at the time the forfeiture is awarded (e.g. the forfeiture was issued while the participant was waiting to play), the participant automatically forfeits his next Match.
- If the participant was in the Losers Bracket at the time of the forfeiture, he is eliminated from the tournament.
- Recommended Circumstances for Issuing a Match Forfeiture
- Inability to locate the participant at the time of his Match
- Violation of Match rules during the Match (e.g. using a timeout glitch in Marvel vs Capcom 2).
- Minor misconduct during a tournament (e.g. disruptive behavior, failing to obey the instructions of the judges, etc.).
- Any tournament players that are not present when their match is called for pool or semi final matches, without giving staff a valid reason for not being present, will have a period of 2 (two) minutes to report, to their station with the required equipment. After the two minute period has expired, you will be forced to forfeit your Match. This is a ZERO TOLERANCE policy, and friends or staff can?t save you.
- Equipment sharing is no longer a valid option for being late to a match. You can take the risk and borrow someone?s equipment, but if it is use, and your match is called, you will have 2 minutes to report with valid equipment or be disqualified.
- There will be no ties in any tournament. Anyone refusing to play any Match (including the finals) will be disqualified and forfeit all rights to any titles or prizes they might have otherwise earned for that tournament.
- Inevitable Defeat rule is in effect. This is defined as when a player has legally won the round or match (i.e. landed a move that will kill the opponent) but pauses the game before the game awards the round won icon, will still be awarded the win. The most common occurrence of this rule is when Player 1 lands a super on Player 2, but the super animation is a grab and the damage isn?t awarded till the final hit connects, but the opponent has legally lost the round. If there is a dispute over whether the move would have knocked out the other player, a tournament official will unpause the match, see the result of the action, and proceed from there. If the attack does not kill the opponent, then the mid game pause rules are in effect.
- Anyone visibly intoxicated or otherwise under the influence will be immediately ejected from the tournament, and may be banned. If you do not cooperate immediately, we will not hesitate to contact the local authorities. We have always enjoyed violence-free events, and this a zero tolerance issue. Keep it in the game, or keep it to yourself.
- Collusion of any kind with your competitors is considered cheating. If the Tournament Director determines that any competitor is colluding to manipulate the results or intentionally under performing, the collaborating players may be immediately disqualified. This determination is to be made at the sole discretion of the Tournament Director. Anyone disqualified in this manner forfeits all rights to any titles or prizes they might have otherwise earned for that tournament.
- S.O.S gamers has a zero tolerance policy toward violence, threats of violence, intimidation, and other forms of thuggery. Any threat of violence or extreme intimidation will result in an immediate and lifetime ban.
- Gambling is prohibited in and/or around the event hall. Any player that gambles on the property will be immediately ejected from the tournament, and may be banned. If you want to gamble, go play at the tables, that is what they are for.
These rules are an attempt to insure that the tournament runs fairly and as smoothly as possible. However, unforeseen circumstances may require a special response, and for that reason the Tournament Director reserves the right to change any of the tournament rules or remove any player at any time, for any reason, at their sole discretion.
***Antoine - AIM Screen Name: Inlovewitlil
Kwabena - AIM Screen Name: Kubuu
SOS Gamers AIM Screen Name: SOSGamers
Note: This page will be updated weekly so keep an eye out for updates.
Everything that is updated will be shown in red!!!
Please keep checking regularly for updates, which will be marked in red text.
If you have any questions concerns or comments, please contact us and we will respond as promptly as possible. Thank you and we look forward to embarking on this new endeavor with all of you!