Sakura's Medium Punch

sakura

Just out of curiosity, is there ever a reason (other than focus attacks) to ever press Medium Punch with Sakura?

I’d like to hear your guys thoughts on the different versions of Strong as a normal, and her Strong special moves.

Well MP DP gives more advantage than HP DP, you can do hold up forward after MP DP and j.hk/hp to safejump Yun’s LK DP for example.

I like to use cr.mp xx tatsu in shunpu pressure. st.mp is a okish AA against twin’s divekicks.

I like cr. mp as a counter poke.

CL.mp is pretty good for frametrap setups.
As fergus stated her mp.dp gives her better oki at the cost of less damage.
St.mp is a decent poke with a good hitbox the only problem with it is the range.
Oh and J.mp one of the best air to air moves in the game imo.

St. strong is also a great way to combo into ex dp/ex tatsu or the respective normal versions.
I really enjoy the AE version of Sakura, although I wish her backdash was a bit better.

Thanks for the great replies guys, this is exactly what I was looking for! :smiley: I just feel that :mp: is one of the more underused weapons in Sakura’s arsenal (particularly the way I play her) and I’d like to see what people are coming up with in case anybody else is having that same problem and wants to mix things up.

Ah yeah I forgot about j.mp. Her best air to air move hands down

Sakura’s far s.MP is a pretty good anti-Jaguar Tooth tool. Should know that like light attacks far s.MP doesn’t have vulnerable hit-boxes on the striking arm making it a pretty good counter-poke :slight_smile: