Samurai Showdown 4

I never really got into an SNK game before, but this one has caught my interest. I think it did because it is so odd when compared to SF games and Marvel. I really don’t understand the combo system, or the block/hit reel. If anyone can help me learn more, it would be greatly appreciated. If anyone knows anything about the mechanics, it would help a lot.

I also have a sorta special request/question… I just got back from university and my trip to China, so I am stuck with 56k :sad: I wanted to download the SS4 tutorial on Combovideos.com, but the link is not one I can use within Flashget. I am guessing the owner done that to stop people from direct linking. I am guessing the owner is a member of SRK, or maybe someone here knows him. I was wondering if it is possible for me to get a link that I can use in Flashget. If he won’t post one to the public he can email it to -> cp742849@albany.edu That video would be a great help. If I can’t get a link to use in flashget, maybe someone can send it to me on AIM (Thee Only Hero). It would take an eternity, but I would kill for it :confused:

I liked that game, too and one time in my live I played it a lot. Nowadays I’m into SSV Special and SS2 again, but I still know a bit about the game. :wink: Oh and Genjuro was a beast, who could do even a 100% combo in special situations … (if you want I tell ya)

I’ll try to give you a bit help about the CD combosystem and not the normaly stuff (simple Genjuro example: close s.B, qcf+A, qcf+A, qcf+A). Anyway, SS Games were not so combo happy except for SSIV. First of you need to know, that a hard slash does often the same or bigger amount of damage then a standart CD 14 hit combo (f+A, A, B, B, C, C, A, B, C, C, C, C, C). The good thing about everyones normal 14 hit is, the powerbar is maxed out afterwards. The bad thing is, that you can be punished pretty easy, if the CD is blocked and even if you make the first hits the combos can still be guarded when you are not fast enough. Just to let you know, with a full powerbar some special moves get stronger and you get also access to your super. Back to the CD combos … You have furthermore the possibility to cancel the standart combos with special Moves, supers and the special abilitys gained through rage activation. A more advanced example here. You are a raged Genjuro in your final round and hope to make a comeback, because you are nearly dead. You landed a lucky CD Slash and go all out now. You do f +A, A, B, B, C, C, A, B, C, C, C, b, f, d+A+B/or do Fatal Slash (B+C+D) and the opponent loses his weapon, plus he gets a lot of damage. But that is not what we want, we want more damage and hits! So we do now f+A, A, B, B, C, C, A, B, C, C, C, A+B+C (this is a mini auto combo) and cancel this into another f +A, A, B, B, C, C, A, B, C, C, C, A+B+C and do again f +A, A, B, B, C, C, A, B, C, C, C, but since our rage meter is nearly empty now, we do the Fatal Slash or super like in the first example! If the rage is already empty do a good special Move with Genjuro, qcf+A series for example or even more bad stuff (which leads to the 100% combo;)).When you are fast you can do this on everyone without a chance to miss. I hope my few examples helped a bit and get you into the right way for doing combos in SSIV. :wink:

Genjuro has been one of the only characters I really like haha, I could tell he was pretty good. I seen a few Japanese tournament matches and he seemed pretty popular, I see why. Thanks a lot, any info on where to get videos or more info (even if you know more), please let me know =)

just go there http://eleves_tim.cmaisonneuve.qc.ca/e0429206/Website/Amakusa2k5/main.htm

and you will find all the answers you need

: )

Thanks a lot =D

Its a shame many people degrade this game because of its comboability…as the guy at Amak Rev said about this game-it is MISUNDERSTOOD. The dial a combos lend people to think otherwise of this game but hey with this mode in SST also theres bound to be a way to break the game…once it hits PS2 there has to be a way to get infinites in that mode…:karate:

There were, it was called the crossover button (or was that SS3, I haven’t played in years), which was absolutely retarded. Still loved the game though.