San Antonio CvS2, MvC2, SF3, SC2, T5: DR, VF5 03/31 Big tourny!

Hey there gamers!

On Saturday, March 31st, Gamelot in San Antonio will be throwing a huge fighting tournament with virtually every fighting game possible! The games include:

Regular tournaments:
Capcom vs. SNK 2 (PS2)
Marvel vs. Capcom 2 (PS2)
Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection (PS3)
Virtua Fighter 5 (PS3)
Soul Caliber 2 (PS2)

and also, a special tournament where the 1st place winner will receive a Street Fighter Zero (alpha) Arcade Cabinet! Not the board, not the design work, but the full cabinet! The cabinet will include everything needed to play SF:Z, including a new monitor installed! For information on this tournament, go here:

http://forums.shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=127000

(Pictures of the SF:Z machine will be posted by at least next Monday)

So make sure you mark down this event on your calendars! You won’t want to miss this!

Info for the tournaments are as follows:

How: CvS2, MvC2, SF3, T5: DR, VF5 Tournament!
When: CvS2 2:00PM
Street Fighter: 3rd Strike Arcade Cabinet Tourny 5:00PM
MvC2, 5:30 PM
Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection 6:00PM
Virtua Fighter 5 Immediately after Tekken 5: DR
Soul Caliber 2 7:00 PM

Where: Gamelot
7007 Bandera Road, San Antonio, TX 78238
210-684-0101
www.mygamelot.com
Entry: $ 20.00 for the SF3 Arcade tournament
$ 15.00 for every other tournament
Prize: 1st place winner of the SF3 tourny will win a Street Fighter: Zero (Alpha) full cabinet!
Other tournaments will consist of cash prize: 50/25/15/10 breakdown (Based on 16 man bracket. Anything less than 16 man bracket will be 70/20/10.

Some information you may need to know. For the PS3 tournaments, I will need at least 2 PS3s and 2 copies of each game, meaning 2 copies of T5: DR and 2 copies of VF5. Please let me know if it’d be possible to lend me this equipment via any way possible. See contact information below.

Also, the tournaments will begin at that stated time. Please register 10 minutes in advance. If you’re an out of towner and you’re running a little late, please call the store or call me (contact info below). I will do my best to work with you, but if you are just leaving the Houston/Dallas area and want me to postpone the tournament, then there is nothing I can do. Please try to be here on time.

Thanks again and hope to see ya’ll here!

My contact info:
Email: jonathonquitugua@hotmail.com
AIM: RiceBurnerSX
YIM: RiceBurnerSX
Phone: 210-632-9655 (please call after 7PM, since I am a college student after all)

bump!

No Alpha 3 :sad:

so SF3s is going to be played on an arcade cabinet right. still no pictures yet dude? whats up with that?? you have like 4 threads for this thing. count me in. good to see sa throwing tournies again!!!:rock:

No, SF3 will be played on a PS2 in order to win a SF:Z cabinet…I know it’s a bit weird, but the prize is well worth it!

ah oh well. i would prefer 3s arcade rather than ps2 console using a stick.

MvC2 is a bit weird. the ps2 version isn’t as good as the DC version, but the DC version has some issues with certain joysticks/adapters by randomly saying they’re not plugged in during a match.

I assume for all games aside from 3rd strike the prize is a cash distribution of 70/20/10?

bumpage. I believe pics of the cabinet should be up sometime soon. btw i’m hoping to learn some marvel2 so I’ll be happy to play :slight_smile:

Can’t wait for this shit let’s hope I can get off work for this D:

Yoyoyooyoy I wanted to know if there are any good players in sa? I noticed a couple of then at evo south, but nothing I should be impresed at. I guess ill look forward to this tourney as well.

Ps: I love betty >.>

Ps2: betty loves me too :stuck_out_tongue:

Hey Rice, I think that we should have the Mvc2 tourney on DC!

Reason: Not much lag at** ALL**, 99% arcade perfect!
DC > Ps2! Ps2 Lag is Horrible, 60% arcade Perfect!

Sounds good! Only problem is would other people rather play that one? And if so, who can bring a DC with a copy of the game? Lemme know ASAP so I can plan ahead.

Also, another question. Which version of Soul Caliber would you guys rather play? Lemme know so I can plan it.

still no pics of the cab… boo

I’m not even sure if people are going to enter for SC2 o_O

Here are the pics of the cabinet!

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d97/JonDQ/P1000341.jpg

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d97/JonDQ/P1000344.jpg

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d97/JonDQ/P1000350.jpg

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d97/JonDQ/P1000356.jpg

All of the parts are brand new! Also, I swapped the starting times of CvS2 and the SF3 tourny. CvS2 will start at 2 and 3s starts at 4. If there are any problems, please let me know.

sweet cabinet…american sticks…eww D;

so liek i shoudl be there.

how many dcs you have for mvc2 and do you have any converters?

rice burner. you need to have mvc2 on dc or nobody will enter… well from the local and out of town mvc2 players.

you need to check the south forums and look into the san antonio thread to see whos going to bring a dc for sure.

update yo shit

out of curiosity, will the cabinet be shipped to the winner, or will they have to find their own way to take it home?

Looks like the cab was a conversion from Killer Instinct 1 or 2 to Street Fighter Alpha. Only Killer Instinct uses the notation High attack, Low attack and quick, medium, and fierce. But still nice cab.