So , according to Ryan Hart this is going ahead. I think the amount is $10,000 US - SHIT! Stunfest - 22 May.
Santarou must feel super confident in the match, he is a touch more aggressive than Bonchan so perhaps he feels he can shut Rose down. I don’t think there will be any tech pop up that swings anything but I think Bonchan could still play the match a little better. Things I’ve noticed -
- Bonchan seems to favour cr.fierce over st.mk some of the time. Although the data is better, considering the hurt box on crouching fierce is worse since it’s pushed out in front- st.mk is still the way to go for me, plus it combos - I expect Santarou to use this more than Bonchan. St.mk actually moves Sagat back a touch where as Cr.fierce moves us forward. Seems like a much better choice all round.
- I’d like to see U2 used to counter Roses mid range and EX fireballs more, there has to be more application here for picking U2 rather than the usual juggle or you might as well pick U1.
- Throwing full to 3/4 screen shots seems completely useless, the meter gain difference is too big, they have to tone that down unless they have EX meter.
- Luffy likes to back himself into the corner I’ve noticed, they should just let him do this and take advantage of the screen.
- Rose needs pressured at all times if possible, especially on WU - No reason not to.
- Rose’s st.mk - screw this button! I expect Santarou to have the reactions of a cat and try to counter it when she dashes up with cr.jab, it’s important to not let her get the momentum back.
- Other potential Luffy weaknesses are he can sometimes get a bit jump happy from what I’ve seen, hopefully Santarou can AA these attempts.
Tough call! Can’t wait to see this one unfold! Good luck to both players (but comon Sagat!)