Sanwa JLF-TP-8YT-SK VS SF4 Fight stick SE stock joystick

Is there anyone who can attest to the quality of the Sanwa JLF-TP-8YT-SK over the stock stick in the SE? I’ve done all of the hardware mods other than this.
Is the Sanwa harder or easier to move and does it have a smaller or larger range of motion?

There are multiple threads already on the topic of modding your SFIV standard stick as well as a FAQ thread. I suggest you check those out as there was no need for you to make this thread at all…

In short yes the JLF is 100000x better than the SE stock joystick…

The SE stock stick is nothing more than a poor counterfeit JLF right down to the gate, mount, microswitches and pcb - there is no comparison between the two in terms of quality.

An original JLF is far superior.

it’s the spring and the gate that are the problems with the stock stick in the se. swap them out (though the gate is a giant pain in the ass to get off) with the jlf counterparts you won’t know the difference.

As is the case with many search functions of many forums - the search doesn’t work. The key term here would have “JLF” (too short a term to be useful) or “JLF-TP-8YT-SK” (produces no results) or “Sanwa” (produces irrelevant results). So I apologize for asking the question, but the 22 page noob thread doesn’t seem to address the “feel” of the stick between the original and the Sanwa. Fine that it’s better or higher quality - but in what way - you know?

I’m sorry if I’ve offended anyone here at SRK, but I assure you, I’m only a noob to fighting games at home. Prior to that, my experience was limited to SF2 on a SNES gamepad, and prior to that, SF2 and SF2CE at the real arcade cabinet back in the early 90’s. Oh yeah, and Killer Instinct.

3D fighting is something new I’m acquiring as I go. Otherwise, my 3D fighting is limited to Virtua Fighter 1, also in the early to mid 90’s.

Not a noob - more of a relic.

I have the sanwa and love it