SBO SSF4:AE WC Qualifier x Level|Up at Round 1 Industry, Ca. July 16,2011

Japan’s most prestigious tournament invites the worlds best fighting game players to battle for the title in 2011 - Super Battle Opera. Also known as Tougeki, The 9th Arcadia Cup has granted the US a West Coast qualifier for their Super Street Fighter 4: Arcade Edition tournament. Level|Up is proud to announce the WC qualifier will take place at Round 1 Bowling & Amusement! Tournament production and live streaming of the event will be provided by Level|Up this July 16, 2011! This 2v2 super qualifier will be capped at 32 teams so you don’t want to miss out!

Stream URL:
www.justin.tv/leveluplive

Time/Date:
12:00PM / July 16, 2011

11:00AM - 12:00PM
Onsite / $50 per team / Pay to play
2 day event if necessary. (If over 32 teams.)

1600 S Azusa Ave
Suite 285 City of Industry, CA 91748
(626) 964-5356

Hotel:
Courtyard
1905 S Azusa Avenue
Hacienda Heights, CA 91745
(626) 965-1700

Airport:
LAX
1 World Way
Los Angeles, CA 90045

**Format: **
*No duplicate characters on same team!
2v2 Waseda / Double Elimination - Read Example Below

Round 1 -

Player A1 plays Player B1 - Outcome Player A1 wins

**Round 2 - **

Player A2 plays Player B2 - Outcome Player B2 wins

Round 3 - (if necessary)

Player A1 plays Player B2 - Outcome: Player A1 wins, Team A moves forward

Note: If player A2 defeated player B2, Team A moves forward without playing Round 3

Prize Distribution:
Sponsorship to SBO 2011 - (2 Plane tickets only)

MUST HAVE A VALID PASSPORT BY AUG.1
**BOTH team members MUST have a valid Passport/ID by Aug.1 or they will forfeit their spots to the runner up. There will NOT be any altercations of team members(mix and match of team members), the runner up TEAM is awarded the sponsorship by default. *

*If any ONE member backs out for ANY reason; life changing event, unforeseen acts of mother nature, US NO-FLY-LIST (you never know), that the runner-up team will be selected to go (3rd place if runner up team doesn’t go, and so on).

Here’s a useful site on where to apply for a US passport:
Where to Apply

How long does it take to process?
Processing Times

If you’re not a US citizen, you can use the US Embassy site.
Steps:

1. Go to U.S. Department of State
  2. Select your birth country
  3. Hover over ‘About Us’ in the top left of the navigation bar
  4. In the dropdown list, select ‘Contact Us’
  5. There should be a number for you to contact for the nearest Embassy/Consulate for your country.
  6. Call for an appointment
  7. Good luck!

For more information about SBO/Tougeki 2011, visit:

??2011 THE 9th ARCADIA CUP TOURNAMENT

For more information about Round 1 Bowling & Amusement, visit:
www.round1usa.com

Level|Up Site:
www.levelup-series.com

Twitter:
@levelupseries

Facebook:
www.facebook.com/levelupseries

YouTube:
www.youtube.com/levelupseries

[Aug 3, 2011] Level|Up x Tournament Legacy Present Weds Night Fights: Summer... (Los Angeles, CA)

imma try to get a team for this
hopefully alexman teams up with me or someone that can win

I can win Cody. haha jk
Mannn I really wanna enter. But idk if one month of Oni will be enough.

This will definitely be fun to watch. Let alone participate in!

We in there

Yes we are : )

See you guys there.

see everyone there

How will the cap be decided?

Aka,

How will scrubs not waste a spot.

First come first serve.

Respect the registration start time and you might have a spot in the tournament good sir.

Get Hype.

if u win the tournament do u have to pay to fly to japan ?

Plane tickets are included in the sponsorship.

Interesting to see the contrast from the EastCoast where its two singles tournaments, winners are a pair, and here where people sign up as a team. Hoping for the best from everyone though, I can’t wait to stream monster it up.

The defending Round 1 AE champ!? Who’s your partner? =)

AWESOME! Utah always showing their dedication to the West Coast!

ANYBODY ELSE GONNA STEP UP??

What if the team that wins has a member without a valid US passport to travel to Japan? Does that mean the winning team will automatically forfeit their spot and second place gets to go?

Or will you guys allow that specific team member without a valid passport a grace period to obtain said passport with a deadline?

Or a valid passport must be present/ready/verifiable at the time of the tournament?

Just trying to get clear answers so that entrants are properly informed to avoid confusion.

Excellent questions sir.

Here’s what we’re going to do -
*BOTH team members MUST have a valid Passport/ID by Aug.1 or they will forfeit their spots to the runner up. There will NOT be any altercations of team members(mix and match of team members), the runner up TEAM is awarded the sponsorship by default.

Here’s a useful site on where to apply for a US passport:
Where to Apply

If you’re not a US citizen, you can use the US Embassy site.
Steps:

1. Go to U.S. Department of State
  2. Select your birth country
  3. Hover over ‘About Us’ in the top left of the navigation bar
  4. In the dropdown list, select ‘Contact Us’
  5. There should be a number for you to contact for the nearest Embassy/Consulate for your country.
  6. Call for an appointment
  7. Good luck!

the seoul sistah will be in attendance… with fellow kimchi killas

Bringin the beat

Would also like to add the US State department processing times for passports:

(Maybe add this to the passport info post? Just a thought)

Processing Times

Also, I’d like to recommend to add if runner-up doesn’t have valid passports, then 3rd place gets to go, and so on, etc. (basically until a team with valid passports is selected) I’m going to assume people can easily figure out this but can’t be too safe about these things. lol

Would it help the organizers if the winning team brought their passports at the tournament to be verified immediately then then get their plane ticket payouts on the spot(I’m also assuming that this is 100% of the plane ticket cost) or will payout will made on a later date or some sort of other arrangement?

Lastly, I would recommend to add that both members of the winning team should make every effort to attend SBO (as they are representing USA), and that if any ONE member backs out for ANY reason; life changing event, unforeseen acts of mother nature, US NO-FLY-LIST (you never know), that the runner-up team will be selected to go (3rd place if runner up team doesn’t go, and so on).

Just some thoughts. I’ve seen my own fair share of international issues myself and wanted to add my input. lol