SBO SSF4AE East Coast Qualifier @ Next Level Arcade, NYC August 6th, 2011

Congratulations to the two winners:
Kevin “Dieminion” Landon - Guile
Joe “LI Joe” Ciaramelli - Sagat

Prove yourself and represent the East Coast in the worldwide battle known as “Super Battle Opera”. This year marks the first time ever that New York City, the largest city in the world will be hosting a SBO qualifier event for “Super Street Fighter 4: Arcade Edition”. This event will be streamed by TeamSp00ky for your viewing pleasure, so it’s time to “get hyped!”.

Date: August 6th, 2011
Registration Time: 10am-11:30am
Tournament start time: 12pm

Stream URL: http://www.twitch.tv/teamsp00ky

4013 8th Avenue
Brooklyn, NY 11232
www.nycnextlevel.com
Join Next Level on Facebook for the latest news:
Next Level | Facebook

Tournament Format:
Double Elimination (Character lock, 2/3 rounds, 2/3 games, only grand finals is 3/5)
***** There will be 2 separate SSF4 Arcade Edition singles tournament (Capped at 64 players per tournament, “first come first serve bases”), each culminating with the winner qualifying for a spot on the 2v2 team.

• Whomever wins the first qualifying spot, the character used will not be permitted for the second tournament.
  • You MUST enter the first tournament in order to participate in the second tournament.

Venue Fee: **$10 **(one time fee for all entrants/spectators)
Spectators Fee: $6
Entry Fee: $25 per tournament (100% of all entry will go towards airfare for the 2 winners)
***** You must bring a VALID US Passport or proof of a pending US Passport in order to enter the tournament

Prizes: Sponsorship for the 2 winners to SBO in Japan.
- twitch.tv has donated $1000 for the airfare for the 2 winners!
- We’ll be raffling prize(s) to people spectating and attending the SBO qualifiers that day!

Airports:
John F. Kennedy International Airport (JFK)
La Guardia Airport (LGA)
Newark International Airport (EWR)

Hotels:
King’s Hotel (2 blocks away from venue)
820 39th Street
NY 11232
(718) 851-8188
kingshotelny.com

Days Inn (5 blocks away)
437 39th Street
NY 11232
(718) 853-4141
daysinn.com

Comfort Inn (7 blocks away)
349 38th Street
NY 11232
(718) 639-7171
comfortinn.com

I’m there! To watch :3

In there!!

So this is for US residents only I suppose?

I’d imagine anybody would be able to enter. Justin won an invite to SBO a couple of years ago in Europe.

Sbo quals on the east coast yo ugh!

Oh shit, NYC is serious. HNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNGGG

No character lock?

In there?!?!?!

I will personally be at this event. Dont want to miss this.

all characters will be unlocked.

Wow this was a surprise

Next Level SBO Qualifiers Themesong:

[media=youtube]hMhWIoxMouU[/media]

“MAGO, WE COMING FOR YOU, SUCKA!”

He meant whether or not people will have to stick with a single character throughout the whole tournament. Which is probably the case because it’s SBO lol.

Shouldn’t this be a 2v2 tournament?

yes. sbo quals in a raw, hype environment

nervous

ill try to go to TNL but im bad at traveling :confused:

I am really hyped just by the fact that there is a qualifier on the east coast. Many thanks to Cen and anyone else who was behind making this happen.

I’d definitely like to see character lock for this tournament. It seems that would make the most sense, considering the SBO format.

As for having a 2v2 instead of singles…it’s really questionable whether or not that would yield a team with the two strongest players at the tournament, if you think about it.

it’s actually the standard format for sbo

Henry, what’s the reasoning for two singles tournaments instead of a 2v2 tournament? I’m fine with whatever but I’m just kind of curious.