SBO style 3 vs 3 Team tournament 7/6/08

HERE IT IS PPL

THIRD STRIKE P2P Team Tournament SBO style (ONLY U.S and Canada)

channel: ** #3v3SBO **on EFNET

START TIME: 8 PM (GMT -5, PST +3)

DATE:** July 6**

8 TEAMS= 24 player CAP (other players may wander in the channel in case there are no shows)

SBO STYLE FORMAT:

3 players per team, SINGLE elimination, NO DUPLICATE CHARACTERS, TEAMS ARE ALLOWED TO SWITCH THEIR ORDER DURING THE TOURNAMENT

RULES MUST BE READ IN ORDER TO JOIN

Requirements must be met in order to participate:

Mandatory programs needed: Mirc, Hamachi, NFBA DTR9

Rules of Participating:

1)NO KAILLERA SERVERS, ONLY P2P matches, IF YOU CANNOT HOST (PORT FORWARD) use HAMACHI

2)IF you DO NOT have hamachi, i will set a reminder 5 min before the tournament starts, if you STILL do NOT have hamachi (if needed) when your match starts i will AUTOMATICALLY DQ that player and the NEXT player on the team will play

3)After the brackets are done online and distributed…no more registrations will be taken

4)I WILL ASSIGN ONE PERSON FROM EACH TEAM TO BE A CAPTAIN AND TO REPORT THERE WINNINGS TO ME…i will not respond or accept any other messages that are given during the tournament…if you want to talk to someone there is a whole channel for that

5)IF THERE IS A PROBLEM during the connection process between 2 players…and neither are able to play each other i will have no choice but to decide the winner by coin flip

FEEL FREE TO ASK QUESTIONS

P.S- IF there are only 3 possible teams then i will have a round robin…if there are 4-7 teams i will have a double elim…and if there 8 or more teams then i will have a single elim

if there are uneven numbers of players to make teams then i will decide whether to run a 2 vs 2 team tournament like last time…or maybe a single elim mikado type tournament…sleep in fear till that day :stuck_out_tongue:

GOOD LUCK TO ALL PLAYERS- I HOPE THIS WILL BE A GREAT SUCCESS :tup:

oh oh

OH OH

L I O N
!

aaww sounds like fun but im not good enough!

Ooh, I’m off work that night too. I’ll certainly be there to show everyone the fruitlessness of my learning stick.

Sunday? I should be able to make it… and defend my title… :stuck_out_tongue:

Hmm…Sunday night? I just might be able to make this one. I hope I can, I finally figured out mIRC again, lol. And nFBA seems real good. If I can I will be using Sean. But, by the end of next week I can confirm if I will be there.

I will try to make this, I’ll probably be on vacation though.

If my ISP decides to cooperate that night, I’d love to play.

As for what character, that’s up in the air. Definitely nobody high-tier though. Those are boring and predictable.

THIS SUNDAY PPL…WATCH THE TIME AND CHANNEL…BE READY TO BE PUT ON A RANDOM TEAM!!!

ill be forced to change the format if not many ppl show up

I’ll team with anyone :smile: and i will be using ryu or alex depending on if it takes my partners’ character

its about damn time you came back…youve been gone too damn long yo lol

make sure you read the rules and stuff

if I END UP ON SHODOKAN’TS TEAM
ILL FORFEIT
LIONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!

i dont even know if he’s showing up

DONT FORGET THIS SUNDAY PPL…im hoping ppl show up to keep the tournament scene running online…plus for fun too

Help me out here =P

imma be in las vegas until i dont even know when. hopefully im back before sunday!

Not a friday, so i’m there.

tonight ppl…MIRC not 2DF…lets keep the mirc/nfba scene alive for tournaments…make it happen and show up

starting time at 8

3 vs 3 random teams

single elim…single game SBO style

channel #3v3SBO on Efnet

a suggestion to make it 2 out of 3. the format can still be single elimination, but because of the nature of online play, some consideration should be given into unexpected lag spikes, or even lag abuse (GIMMICKS). plus a single match single elim tournament would fly by too fast and people won’t feel like they got much from it.

depending on the turn out…ill see if i should change it…cuz 3 vs 3 for a 8 man bracket single elim will take about 1 hr 30 min

besides i got work tomorrow and im not trying to run a tournament late

Baahhhhhhhh!
Lion