SC2 - Help with Talim

Hi,

I like to use Talim in SC2 and once while I pull this move but I don't even know how to do it.  Being told by experienced players, they said it was her guard break but the one I was pulling off they don't know how to do.  Maybe you guys can help me that'll be great.

The move I'm wondering how to pull off is this:  She does like a leap spin backing away from her opponent immediately followed by a leaping dash foward with her arm sticking out with the weapon glowing(guard break).

Thanks

Hmm… her only really useful guard breaks that I’ve seen (without Soul Charge) are A+B and B+K… A+B can be guard cancelled into AST1, which is very nice. Large part of my Talim game, when I played SC2.

Check my sig :wink:

It’s an option from her Gale (auto-evade) stance.

For instance, after 6BA, Talim will end in Gale (you’ll notice her swinging her weapon around for a moment after the attack). If you hold a direction during Gale (6, 4, 2 or 8) AND the opponent attacks, she will auto-evade into the appropriate option. For the case you are curious about, it’s her 4 option to Wind Leap. (2_8 leads to BT etc, 6 to wind sault.) If the opponent does NOT attack OR you do not hold a direction, the auto evade will not occur and you will shift back to a nuetral state.

So again, for your case, have your opponent block one of your attacks that end in gale like 6BA. Then hold 4 and have them attack you immediately while you are in Gale. If successful, she should automatically auto evade backwards into Wind Leap. You can then press B during the Wind Leap to initiate the attack. It’s basically just like her normal 66B, only it guardcrushes.

Other attacks that end in Gale are…
1B
2A+B
BT AA

There are probably some others, but I don’t play Talim at all. Hope that helps. For more info, read up on some of her threads in the sc.com forum.

http://www.soulcalibur.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?forumid=32