Scrub here, can't use stick

I grew up playing 3rd strike on a dualshock and eventually made the switch to stick.  I’m a scrub and I don’t even think to combo beyond a 3-hit or so during a match, but I did just as well with the stick (an old namco ps1 clunker) as I did otherwise.<br><br>I just started actually playing 4 with AE and a hori fight stick 3.  I’m getting my sh!t handed to me.  I have literally won 1 match out of dozens.  One dude even sent me a PM saying “f***ing loser”; it pretty much broke my spirit for the day.  Is this just a bad stick to use?  I can’t even execute simple 214214 supers, much less vega’s 3-12357.  It feels like I keep getting caught in the corners or something.<br><br><br>On a side note: I’m playing with a dualshock for now and trying to learn my first charge character.  Is that a bad idea?  Because I’m having a pretty tough time with simple charges.<br>

<font face=“Arial, Verdana” size=“2”><span style=“line-height: normal;”>Welcome to SRK. Please read the stickies before posting questions.</span></font><div style=“font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal;”><br></div><div><font face=“Arial, Verdana” size=“2”><span style=“line-height: normal;”>The execution problems you are experiencing are perfectly normal for beginners. </span></font></div><div><font face=“Arial, Verdana” size=“2”><span style=“line-height: normal;”>SRK Newbie Saikyo Dojo Execution Guide (read me!)</span><br></font></div>