The Southern Connecticut State University - Asian Culture Society presents:
SCSU Street Fighter 4 Singles/2v2 Team & Super Smash Brothers Brawl Tournament
COORDINATOR: Ting aka TwinkieBomb
EVENT (can?t say ?Venue? lol) FEE
TOURNAMENTS ENTRY FEES
Street Fighter 4 (PS3) - Singles - $3
Street Fighter 4 (PS3) ? 2v2 Teams - $3 per player
Super Smash Bros. Brawl ? Singles - $3
May 9th, 2009 ? Saturday
Registration Starts @ 11am
Tournaments Start @ 12pm SHARP
Southern Connecticut State University - Engleman Hall ? Room B121
(approximately) 400 Fitch St. New Haven, CT 06515
From NYC: Take I-95 North to Exit 44 (Kimberly). Veer right off the ramp. Take left onto Route 10 (Ella Grasso Blvd.). Go down Rt10 all the way (about 10-15 minutes). Arrive at SCSU. Take a left onto Crescent St. Go all the way down. Take a right onto Fitch St. At the second light?(go to Parking Section for instructions)
From Hartford/Providence: Take I-95 South to Exit 45 (Boulevard). Off the ramp, keep going straight (this street is Route 10 aka Ella Grasso Blvd.). Go down Rt10 all the way (about 10-15 minutes). Arrive at SCSU. Take a left onto Crescent St. Go all the way down. Take a right onto Fitch St. At the second light?(go to Parking Section for instructions)
Park at SCSU Faculty Lot #2 on your right side (it is open on the weekends to the public) located at the T intersection of Fitch St. and Pine Rock Ave.
HERES A CUSTOM PARKING DIRECTION MAP TO HELP YOU
Payout for all tournaments are:
1st = 60% of the respective tournament entry fees
2nd = 30%
3rd = 10%
MISC. COOL STUFF!
There will be some small random FREE PRIZES every couple of hours as a thank you for coming too! We got at least a $15 gift card to GameStop and new Street Fighter 4 red headbands - courtesy of John and GameStop of Hamden!
We are also having a bake sale during the tournament to satisfy your hunger needs!
**DO NOT TOUCH THE CONSOLES EXCEPT TO PLUG IN YOUR CONTROLLERS. PEOPLE ARE NICE ENOUGH TO LEND THEM FOR THE TOURNAMENT, PLEASE SHOW RESPECT.
BYOC! (BRING YOUR OWN CONTROLLER/CONVERTER/JOYSTICK/SYNC CABLE!) YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE TO BRING AND TAKE CARE OF YOUR OWN EQUIPMENT. **
STREET FIGHTER 4 (PS3) SINGLES RULES
- Double Elimination
- Depending on the number of entrants, number of rounds and matches are TBA during the tournament
- Every Character is TOURNAMENT LEGAL
STREET FIGHTER 4 (PS3) 2v2 Team RULES
? Double Elimination
? Depending on the number of entrants, number of rounds and matches are TBA during the tournament
? ?A-Cho? Style Format[LIST]
Each team is made up of two players
A team cannot have two of the same character
Players must stick with their characters throughout the tournament
In a match, player 1 from Team A plays player 1 from Team B. Then player 2 from Team A plays player 2 from Team B. If one team wins both games, the match is over. If players from different teams win, then the winners of each of the previous two games play, and the winner of that game wins the match.
SUPER SMASH BROS. BRAWL SINGLES RULES
- 3 Stock
- 7 Minute Time Limit
- Items are set to “off” and “none”
- GAMECUBE CONTROLLERS ONLY
- REMEMBER, BYOC (BRING YOUR OWN CONTROLLER)
- In the event of a dispute, controller ports will be selected by Rock-Paper-Scissors
- No player may choose a stage they have already won on in that set unless agreed upon by both players.
- If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage
- Metaknight’s Infinite Cape glitch is banned.
- Standing Infinites are BANNED which include (but not limited to) Dedede’s small-step chain grab, Marth on Ness grab-release, etc. They are limited to use of 3 times.
- Ice Climber things are legal, as long as they aren’t used for stalling
- Suicide Move Rules: (all situations are when both players are at 1 stock):[LIST]
If a player successfully ends the match with either Bowser or Ganondorf’s over B attack by suicide, then the player who initiated the move wins.
If a player ends the match by swallowing with Kirby or DDD and falling off the stage and the game counts it as a tie, the player who initiated the swallow move wins. If the player who was swallowed is shown as winning the match (in the instance the broke out right before they died which some people might not notice), then they win.
- Excessive ledge-stalling is banned and will be enforced in the following method: A Player may only remain off the stage or on a ledge for a maximum of 5 ledge re-grabs (with one extra re-grab provided for leniency) before the Player’s character must land on the stage or its platforms. Should a Player exceed the 6 re-grabs without touching the stage, he/she will be required to forfeit their current stock. Further violations will result in forfeit of match and forfeit of tournament set.
- Stalling is banned.*
- *:Stalling: The act of deliberately avoiding any and all conflict so that one may make the game unplayable. Running away from an opponent to reach a better position is not stalling, while doing an infinite grab endlessly against a wall is. Any infinite chain grabs must end quickly after 300% has been reached so as to prevent excessive stalling.
Set format (In Order of Procedure):
- Opponents choose their characters for the first match *
- 1st Stage will be chosen at random
- The first game is played, using the stage chosen during step 2
- The loser of the previous match announces the next match’s stage from the Neutral Stage List or Counter Stage List
- The winner of the previous match chooses their character first
- The loser of the previous match chooses their character next
- Repeat steps 4-6 for all proceeding matches
*Double blind character selection may be called for the first match
**If neither Player has chosen to use their Random Reset within 3 seconds of the match starting, the match must be played out on the stage generated.
- Final Destination
- Yoshi’s Island (Brawl)
- Lylat Cruise
- Delfino Plaza
- Castle Siege
- Frigate Orpheon
- Jungle Japes
- Battleship Halberd
- Rainbow Cruise
- Pokemon Stadium
Street Fighter 4 Expected Participants