WHEN
May 9th, 2009 ? Saturday
Registration Starts @ 11am
Tournaments Start @ 12pm SHARP

WHERE
Southern Connecticut State University - Engleman Hall ? Room B121
(approximately) 400 Fitch St. New Haven, CT 06515

DIRECTIONS
From NYC: Take I-95 North to Exit 44 (Kimberly). Veer right off the ramp. Take left onto Route 10 (Ella Grasso Blvd.). Go down Rt10 all the way (about 10-15 minutes). Arrive at SCSU. Take a left onto Crescent St. Go all the way down. Take a right onto Fitch St. At the second light?(go to Parking Section for instructions)

From Hartford/Providence: Take I-95 South to Exit 45 (Boulevard). Off the ramp, keep going straight (this street is Route 10 aka Ella Grasso Blvd.). Go down Rt10 all the way (about 10-15 minutes). Arrive at SCSU. Take a left onto Crescent St. Go all the way down. Take a right onto Fitch St. At the second light?(go to Parking Section for instructions)

PARKING:
Park at SCSU Faculty Lot #2 on your right side (it is open on the weekends to the public) located at the T intersection of Fitch St. and Pine Rock Ave.

HERES A CUSTOM PARKING DIRECTION MAP TO HELP YOU

http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/3083/scsumap01v2.jpg

PRIZES
Payout for all tournaments are:
1st = 60% of the respective tournament entry fees
2nd = 30%
3rd = 10%

MISC. COOL STUFF!
There will be some small random FREE PRIZES every couple of hours as a thank you for coming too! We got at least a $15 gift card to GameStop and new Street Fighter 4 red headbands - courtesy of John and GameStop of Hamden!
We are also having a bake sale during the tournament to satisfy your hunger needs!

RULES
**DO NOT TOUCH THE CONSOLES EXCEPT TO PLUG IN YOUR CONTROLLERS. PEOPLE ARE NICE ENOUGH TO LEND THEM FOR THE TOURNAMENT, PLEASE SHOW RESPECT.

BYOC! (BRING YOUR OWN CONTROLLER/CONVERTER/JOYSTICK/SYNC CABLE!) YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE TO BRING AND TAKE CARE OF YOUR OWN EQUIPMENT. **

STREET FIGHTER 4 (PS3) SINGLES RULES

• Double Elimination
  • Depending on the number of entrants, number of rounds and matches are TBA during the tournament
  • Every Character is TOURNAMENT LEGAL

STREET FIGHTER 4 (PS3) 2v2 Team RULES
? Double Elimination
? Depending on the number of entrants, number of rounds and matches are TBA during the tournament
? ?A-Cho? Style Format[LIST]
[]Each team is made up of two players
[
]A team cannot have two of the same character
[]Players must stick with their characters throughout the tournament
[
]In a match, player 1 from Team A plays player 1 from Team B. Then player 2 from Team A plays player 2 from Team B. If one team wins both games, the match is over. If players from different teams win, then the winners of each of the previous two games play, and the winner of that game wins the match.
[/LIST]
SUPER SMASH BROS. BRAWL SINGLES RULES

• 3 Stock
  • 7 Minute Time Limit
  • Items are set to “off” and “none”
  • GAMECUBE CONTROLLERS ONLY
  • REMEMBER, BYOC (BRING YOUR OWN CONTROLLER)
  • In the event of a dispute, controller ports will be selected by Rock-Paper-Scissors
  • No player may choose a stage they have already won on in that set unless agreed upon by both players.
  • If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage
  • Metaknight’s Infinite Cape glitch is banned.
  • Standing Infinites are BANNED which include (but not limited to) Dedede’s small-step chain grab, Marth on Ness grab-release, etc. They are limited to use of 3 times.
  • Ice Climber things are legal, as long as they aren’t used for stalling
  • Suicide Move Rules: (all situations are when both players are at 1 stock):[LIST]
    []If a player successfully ends the match with either Bowser or Ganondorf’s over B attack by suicide, then the player who initiated the move wins.
    [
    ]If a player ends the match by swallowing with Kirby or DDD and falling off the stage and the game counts it as a tie, the player who initiated the swallow move wins. If the player who was swallowed is shown as winning the match (in the instance the broke out right before they died which some people might not notice), then they win.
    [/LIST]
  • Excessive ledge-stalling is banned and will be enforced in the following method: A Player may only remain off the stage or on a ledge for a maximum of 5 ledge re-grabs (with one extra re-grab provided for leniency) before the Player’s character must land on the stage or its platforms. Should a Player exceed the 6 re-grabs without touching the stage, he/she will be required to forfeit their current stock. Further violations will result in forfeit of match and forfeit of tournament set.
  • Stalling is banned.*
  • *:Stalling: The act of deliberately avoiding any and all conflict so that one may make the game unplayable. Running away from an opponent to reach a better position is not stalling, while doing an infinite grab endlessly against a wall is. Any infinite chain grabs must end quickly after 300% has been reached so as to prevent excessive stalling.

Set format (In Order of Procedure):

1. Opponents choose their characters for the first match *
  2. 1st Stage will be chosen at random
  3. The first game is played, using the stage chosen during step 2
  4. The loser of the previous match announces the next match’s stage from the Neutral Stage List or Counter Stage List
  5. The winner of the previous match chooses their character first
  6. The loser of the previous match chooses their character next
  7. Repeat steps 4-6 for all proceeding matches
    *Double blind character selection may be called for the first match
    **If neither Player has chosen to use their Random Reset within 3 seconds of the match starting, the match must be played out on the stage generated.

Neutral Stages:

• Battlefield
  • Final Destination
  • Smashville

Counterpick Stages:

• Yoshi’s Island (Brawl)
  • Lylat Cruise
  • Delfino Plaza
  • Castle Siege
  • Frigate Orpheon
  • Jungle Japes
  • Battleship Halberd
  • Rainbow Cruise
  • Brinstar
  • Pokemon Stadium
  • Pictochat

Street Fighter 4 Expected Participants

Twinkiebomb
Oni Ramen
Deaf Mute
McJustin
Angel Capo
Geremy Black
George Black
Anthony Martino
Carlos Morales
Luis Ayala

I will be there good sir…:nunchuck:

tk, im down for that good ish. And a bake sale FTW

haha anything you want to request for the bake sale? as long as its prepackaged or baked goods like cookies or brownies, we can sell without my university coming for my ass lol

tiger

tiger beer? lol there actually is a tiger beer, a malaysian brew, but we cant serve that good shit lol.

man I cant believe they still doing tournies at southern, good thing its on a saturday I had to get a new ID

New ID? you go to Southern?

make some deviled eggs and ham!!! LOL but whatever you guys have is cool. so a no go on the byob?

Ting, anyone from ACC know how to make those triangle rice things? I remember someone made them for one of the bake sales a while back…Those are great…no fish though, I won’t put my life in anyone’s hands…

i wish lol. but due to school policies, we can only sell packaged goods or baked stuff cuz of sanitations rules. :frowning:

i know how to make them though. we gotta have a rice ball party!

do you SCSU guys get together and play casuals sometime? I live in Hamden (10 mins away) and am tired of playing online…let me know when you guys usually play and maybe I’ll stop by some night…im talking about SF4 btw…i play CVS2 too (duh) and some GGXX…

cool, def will do man. im prolly gunna try to get some people together next week before this tournament. private msg me your phone num and ill give ya a ring bro

ting hit me up as well. i gotta not suck for this tourney lol

nice, ur very more than welcome to come! this is gunna be awesome. i think im gunna need someone to bring another ps3 for casuals

GREAT NEWS!

Courtesy of John and GameStop of Hamden, CT, We got at least a $15 gift card and a bunch of red Street Fighter 4 Headbands to throw in as FREE RAFFLE PRIZES!

thanks alot!

hey twinkiebomb i got your message, what time this thursday night are you guys playing causals and where?

good games everyone…Ting thanks for running the tourney, the location and the setup were great!