Sean requests

sean

OK, I’ve been into 3s for a long time and I’ve yet to see any sean match vids, ever! Anyone who has any kicking around on their computer, could you upload 1 or 2 to youtube or something? I think I remember seeing a video request thread around here but wouldn’t you know, I actually used the search button and found nothing. Any Sean heads want to help me out.

Also Sean’s ‘unblockable’. I’ve read through a couple of threads and tried hella stuff out and can’t find anything (that works). I stumbled across some half decent mix up’s (basket ball into ground cross ups and stuff) but no real unblockables. Could anyone give me some genuine unblockables or better yet a vid (again youtube is perfect).

Anyway, if anyone can help me out that would be sweet. alternatively flame me and link me up to a thread that answers my questions :slight_smile:

I got a 12 vs Sean, very good :smiley:

While I think I may have the Sean player kill the Yun n00b vid lol

That’s because they don’t really exist. He has hard-to-block-ables and you’ll-only-get-guard-broken-if-you’re-a-complete-retard-ables, but nothing along the lines of Urien’s aegis unblockables or Oro’s yagyou dama unblockables. And even his crappy crap version can only be set up after a connected SAII, so… they’re really entirely useless.

Ta-da!

[media=youtube]WlIx0jv3tJc"[/media]

[media=youtube]sealdVSaCpU"[/media]

Whoa! thanks muchly dude, appreciate it. And against hayao too, weeeee!

“That’s because they don’t really exist. He has hard-to-block-ables and you’ll-only-get-guard-broken-if-you’re-a-complete-retard-ables, but nothing along the lines of Urien’s aegis unblockables or Oro’s yagyou dama unblockables. And even his crappy crap version can only be set up after a connected SAII, so… they’re really entirely useless.”

So he has no genuine unblockable? and whenever people refer to it they’re just talking about near unblockable mix up shit? that totally sucks.

thanks again for those vids, i’m going to watch them right now.

sean vids AND sean winning some games?! i can’t believe it.

Watching Sean fight is really interesting because he’s like a regular character but all the things that make him unique have been made almost completely useless. So all he’s left with are the things that everyone has (and an awesome taunt). It’s like ‘proper’ 3s, no messing about with special moves and such, just pure UOH mix up’s, tap throws and parrying. lol.

I just wish he had that unblockable :frowning:

He “has” an unblockable, in the sense that if you sit there and hold block in one direction you’ll get your guard broken, but it’s so easy to get out of, so rarely possible, so rarely effective, and so rarely damaging that it’s totally useless.

1. The basketball is parryable high and low, so in waking up with a basketball coming from one side and some other attack coming from the other side, all you have to do is parry the attack coming from the opponent. It’s exactly like every other wakeup where you want to be risky and try a wakeup parry; the basketball doesn’t really change what you do.

2.) Unlike Aegis and Yagyou, the basketball hits once, which means you only get one chance to break guard.

3.) If you want to do any damage with the unblockable, you need to do an attack that combos into something damaging, so, you need a super. This means that you need two full bars of SAII if you want the unblockable to mean anything. Otherwise, the only thing you can combo into that won’t leave you at a disadvantage is the dragon punch, and the only things that combo into the dragon punch are parryable high. As a result, when waking up and facing a Sean unblockable when the Sean does not have another SAII ready, you should always parry high. Why? If you parry low, you risk getting hit by standing roundhouse xx dragon punch. If you parry high, anything damaging Sean wants to do will get parried, and if he went low, you get hit for negligible damage.

4.) Sean has real problems building meter, so getting the SAII will be hard, not to mention getting two full bars of SAII.

5.) All of this is easily escapable with any attack that involves any immediate priority or invincibility, ie, a dragon punch, wakeup super, etc.

Dear god, that Sean player had the most annoying style I’ve ever seen. Somebody should tell that guy that you also get meter for hitting people. Just when I thought he needed it to win with Sean, he did the same shit with Ken right after.

SHINCHAN is actually a Chun Li player. I’m not sure why he’s playing Sean and Ken in this video, but normally he plays Chun Li. And he’s pretty good with her.

[media=youtube]X2i3O_6FKAU"[/media]

Turtling as Sean…ok

Turtling as Ken… WTF

2nd match video:

Wtf is up with that Ken/Sean player?

Every other move he did was a throw. When he parried a move, his punishment was throw. hugo taunted and he was standing right next to him as Sean and he tried to do his headbutt which has a lot of start up time (it was blocked). Too much throwing, too many random superarts…not a graet video but thanks.

Sean players record your own matches. :tup:

sean murdering ken…