MvC2 - 9 players
Valentinus “Codyliciouz”" Boentaran - Storm/Sentinel/Cyclops or Psylocke - 10 pts.
Mandel “Deezo” Scott - Sentinel/Storm/Commando, MSP - 7 pts.
Kyle “kchow_xlr8” Chow - Scrub, Magneto/Cable/Psylocke- 5 pts.
Evan “Rairu” Wenzel - MSS, Matrix - 3 pts.
Jim “Fusulu” Chey - Storm/Sentinel/Commando - 1 pt.
Zach “Preppy” Robinson - Megaman/Cable/Tron, Magneto/Cable/Tron - 1 pt.
ST - 12 players
Julien “zass” Beasley - Balrog - 10 pts.
Nate “XTG” Montes - Zangief, T. Hawk, Vega - 7 pts.
Jim “Fusulu” Chey - Dunno this nigga probably counter picked everybody so I’ll put “entire cast” - 5 pts.
James “Peachy” Siew - M. Bison- 3 pts.
Mandel “Deezo” Scott - Chun Li - 1 pt.
Julian “Airthrow” Blake - Balrog - 1pt.
Standings so far…
Valentinus “Codyliciouz” Boentaran - 41 pts.
Rodolfo “Rowtron” Castro - 20 pts.
Mandel “Deezo” Scott - 16 pts.
Nolan “Nolander” Deitz - 16 pts.
Jason “Hairymaster” Mar - 10 pts.
Zach “Preppy” Robinson - 7 pts.
Evan “Rairu” Wenzel - 7 pts.
Kyle “kchow_xlr8” Chow - 6 pts.
Nate “XTG” Montes - 27 pts.
Julian “zass” Beasley - 20 pts.
Anthony “#1GeeseMaster” Jaimes - 10 pts.
James “Peachy” Siew - 10 pts.
Julian “Airthrow” Blake - 9 pts.
Phi “JetPhi” Nguyen - 7 pts.
Sam “Fatbear” Yatchmeno - 7 pts.
Mandel “Deezo” Scott - 6 pts.
Observations and stuff copy/pasted from Doughboy’s post in the NW section…
- Zach, I left my Innovation converters at your place. I’ll get them next tournament date if you don’t mind.
- Mandel got counter-picked in ST.
- Mandel got second in Marvel, and still let fly with the black rage.
- Kyle was so shocked that he made it to the winner’s finals in Marvel that he basically gave up game 1 for free.
- For those not from Seattle, this is an indicator of how deep our scene is: Rodolfo “Rowtron” Castro didn’t get past the first round of the loser’s bracket.
- 9 man tournament for Marvel, and I still didn’t score a point. Watch out David, I’m gunning for you.
- David “DAWolf57” Alvarez retains the worst player title because IceNine, Kuenai, FrAnkDAdAnk, MyNameisPaullee, and numerous other posers pussied out. David, myself, and Rowtron were the only ones not to have scored points at this tournament. So, I guess we could consider ourselves in the same league as Row until the next tournament.
- Thanks for the food, Nate. Light a match the next time you pass gas though.
- Marvel wrapped up before midnight. Hurray!
- Cody is slowing becoming untouchable in the rankings.
- Julien “zass” Beasley is the first player to win back to back tournaments. Congrats.
- Shame on all the Marvel players that showed up late. You’re making us look bad to the ST clique.
- Thanks to Julian for bringing tools.
- Thanks to Kyle for taking my stick to be fixed. Though I think you might have left your solder at Zach’s.
- Jim “Fusulu” Chey placed in both tournament on his first time at Zach’s. Great job.
- Allen p0wned me with Juggs in casuals.
- Where the hell were Nolan, Jmar, Rat, dann, and Bopnation?
- I left at 4:30AM because everyone else had left. This is the second earliest I’ve ever left Zach’s. What, did everyone have work later today?
- Once again, record low turnout for Marvel. Let this never happen again. This is Seattle. Don’t make me show up at your house and slap you with a dead salmon.
Quote of the evening:
“I’m hot. I’m so hot.”
- Nate Montes [in his most breathy, seductive, disturbing tone]