Please use this thread to work out details on getting to Random Select’s Fall Showdown this Saturday. If you’re definitely going and have an open seat, or if you’re certain of your ability to attend but need a ride from Seattle, post up. Or, you could just post up to announce that you’re an out of towner who plans on attending. I’m sure that having a list of certain attendees would help the organizers (as things change a lot from the time that people registered online).
Be sure to mention which tournaments you’re playing in, as the schedule will dictate when you have to be on the road by. According to BisonSlide.com, here’s the official tournament schedule:
12PM: CvS2 & GG:AC
3PM: T5, MvC2, & KoF98:UM
6:45PM: 3s & ST
It takes between 1.5 to 3 hours to get to Portland from Seattle, depending on how much you speed. For example, to be safe, if you want to show up in time for MvC2, you should probably leave no later than 12:30PM.
Here’s the general picture, as I understand it.
- Pablo, Airthrow, and myself will leave at around noon, since Pablo and I want to play MvC2.
- Cole is going to drive down on Friday by himself, as he has other social plans.
- zass really wants to clown car so that everyone can chip in and save on gas. He’s only looking to play ST, but I think he’s willing to leave a little earlier. He lives in Ballard, can drive his car, but would also be willing to jump in another carpool. Brento is riding shotgun, but they still have seats!
- Paul will be leaving from Preppy’s (Kirkland) at around 7 or 8AM on Saturday morning. Has 1 seat available right now. Kuenai, Alex (not Daikatana), and Kousuke will be riding with him.
- No one, presently. Don’t bitch about how you “would have gone” if only you had a ride!
I will update this first post and try to direct people to each other as necessary. If you want me to share your contact info with potential riders, let me know. If you explicitly don’t want someone in your car, definitely let me know.:china:
DO NOT PUT THIS OFF UNTIL THE LAST 24 HOURS!!! WORK OUT THE DETAILS OF YOUR RIDE BEFORE IT’S TOO LATE!!!