Seeking Silence - Headset experience and recommendations wanted!

Exactly what the title says, not exactly the usual topic in a fighting game forum but I’m sure some of you like to use headsets when playing on tourneys, or in your own room or house, especially if you have children.

To put my problem short, I want silence, sound quality is not really a problem, I can deal with decent quality as long as I don’t hear whats going on around me, I’m willing to pay nearly anything at this point so don’t be afraid to share what kind of headsets you have had good experiences with. In addition to good soundproof capability I’d enjoy comfort as I will most likely be using these on a daily basis for long periods of time.

If money is no object then Bose has the Aviator Headset. MSRP: $1,095.95

For something more reasonably priced, the upper scale line of Logitech (and other brands) headsets aren’t bad

Logitech Gaming Headset G930. MSRP: $159.99

Logitech F540 Wireless Headset. MSRP: $149.99

Turtle Beach Ear Force PX5. MSRP: $249.95

Astro A40 Wireless System. MSRP: $279.95

I have the Astro A40 headset that’s wired and cost $249.95. The bundle was the headset and mix amp. I think the quality is good. Depending on what console you’re connecting to depends on how you hook it up. I’m using it on xbox 360 and for the best sound quality I connect from the console to the mix amp with the supplied optical cable. In order to do this you have to dust off one of those old component cables with the optical port on it which means no hdmi connection. The mix amp itself can be powered either with 4AA batteries or with the supplied usb cable. I guess if you’re planning on playing just fighting games then you could get away with any headset but if you’re planning on FPS where sound is a key factor then spend a few bucks.

do you just want silence? then grab one of those noise reducing lawn mower head silencers.

otherwise, if you want practically true silence, go with anything that has noise-cancelling technology (should require batteries), example Bose stuff.

If your trying to play computer games and talk, grab a set of studio headphones, then grab a separate mic. If you want the mic on the headphones, i recommend the zalman clip on.

I dont believe in any “gaming” headphones to be worth what your paying personally

my personal favorite brand of gaming headsets.

http://www.plantronics.com/us