Seeking sponsorship?

I don’t know if this is already a thread but I’m interested in seeking sponsorship in order to travel to more gaming tournaments, whether it be fighting games or otherwise (I’m a pretty good COD player, average CS player, sucky Unreal player, and a novice Starcraft player)

What’s the best way to go about this? I understand you need to be proven in tournament / a generally stand-out player to acquire sponsorship so hopefully with regular attendance efforts will eventually pay off.

I don’t know how it works really, but I was sponsored at CEO 2012 by word of mouth and by someone watching whom I didn’t know was watching me. Kind of a lucky thing actually. If I were you, I’d just go out to more tournaments and focus my skills one or two games.

Win tourneys, get money, travel places and no more posts in GD.

Everybody WINS!

First of all, you need to be a pretty good player in whatever genre you want to play. Nobody is going to sponsor someone who never places Top 3 in any tournament. Being pretty good at a game isn’t going to be enough. You have to strive to be the best at your craft. Second, you have to learn to network. You have to stand out amongst the hundreds of thousands of gamers who dream about getting paid to play video games, and a big step towards that is learning how to be social, how to have good presence, and getting to know your fellow community and the guys who are willing to put money into your scene.

You have to be godlike.

And a curly mustache can’t hurt.