Sega Saturn Virtua Stick HSS-0136 Stick replacement

I have this beauty of a stick but UNFORTUNATELY it has the super cheap and terrible ASCII stick
I know early ones came with a Seimitsu LS-56-01 but if I wanted to replace it the ASCII would it have to be the LS 56 or could I use another like say the LS 32?

Any other tips if anyone has modded the stick before too

You could replace it with anything as long as you are able & willing to put the work in.

If you want an easy fit then I’d suggest avoiding the LS-32 as it has a completely different base, the simplest to install will be LS-33, 55, 56, 58… but even they may take a small amount of modification.

As someone who has never used a seimitsu stick
What would be the difference between those listed

Here’s the ol’ lever chart.

What is deflection?

But it looks like 56 is just fine for fighters and shoot em ups

Deflection is how much the joystick bounces around when you let go of the stick while you’re engaging the switch.

I think the LS-56 is one of the preferred Shmup joysticks after the LS-32. It’s stiffer than a JLF, but it’s a really good lever.

One man’s “just fine” is another man’s “how do you live with yourself?”

Have you used other sticks before, and what did you like or not like about them?

The virtua stick is my first stick
But I plan to get a Qanba Q4 soon

I modded and repaired one of these.
Actually the only Seimitsu sticks that are drop in replacements are the LS-55, LS-56 and LS-58 (maybe the new LS-60). I can’t speak on the 30 and 33, and the LS-40 don’t fit.

Note these stick will tend to mount a bit too high with ut spacers. You also want to lose the mount plate and screw the joystick body directly to the panel.

A Sanwa JLF will not fit - Period.

The LS-32 will not mount without either a new top panel or heavy panel modification.

The only thing worrying me is ruining the original artwork replacing the stick
I dont know what to do about that

Thanks for this info

I am looking to replace the art work on mine, when i find something I let you know