Seiei Enbu Combos, Hopefully the Last Thread

yang

:tup: Aight so I was bored and just readin around the Yang section and decided to put up an official Yang SA3 Combo Thread. Keep in mind that i’m just piling up all the combos from threads and putting them here so you won’t have to look around. If any of the combos have a difficult factor to keep in mind(like input faster or pause for half a sec) post it and 'll revise the combo noting so.Keep in mind that I’ll also be practicing these combos and if I have any comments or if anyone else does it will be posted in red

SECTION 1: Seiei Enbu Combos

In Corner (activate) hp.slash,lp.slash,(walk forward a tad bit) 3 hit kick chain

Characters such as Alex Hugo Makoto(standing)

cross up with RH Dive as they rise then {Cr.Short>F.Mantis>J.Mantis}, kinda like the semi-unblockable. Or just a good mixup game of UOH, Cr.Short

crossover divekick, low mp, sweep (repeat till end of seiei-enbu)

Mid-screen or in corner

hp.slash > lp.slash > low.lk (3 times) finished up by low mk > 3x slashes.

in corner (still need to figure how to perfect it)

hp.slash > lp.slash > kick chain(lk>mk>hk) (repeat till end of seiei-enbu) > low.mk > slashes

I dont think there is a way to combo into a seiei enbu. For now I use setups to activate it and just mind-game the opponent.

These combo’s are tested on the PS2 & Xbox
-Submitted by Shun[NL]

The “Unblockable” (which can be blocked, but it’s tough)
Cross up dive kick, low strong, low roundhouse XX repeat
Submitted by Agentz

Start with UOH or low forward, HP slash, LP slash, low short XX repeat(there’s a ton of different ways to do the second one, you can add his kick chain on certain characters or just do LP slash over and over)
Submitted by Agentz
When you connect this(crossover dive kick) you can do LP mantis…repeat and repeat until the guage end
Submitted by ShinMakoto

simple SA3 set up:

close mk, jump cancel mk, (opponent still in mid-air, active SA3), universal overhead, hp mantis, lp mantis, low mk, hp mantis, lp mantis etc.

landing the close mk is prolly the hardest part
Submitted by nanitaberu

Set up
after a move sets them airborn on a wiff or after a knockdown are the only semi viable options
i guess after the punch string and or a palm
Submitted by ShadowCharlie

Downed opponent>Activate>Crossup Dive>Cr.Strong(this low and the high shadows of the dive are what does it)>Cr.Roundhouse>repeat
corner: SAIII ACTIVATE, d+hk, dp+mk (dash), TIGERPALM, sj df+lk (empty), hcb+k (flip-over throw)… SAIII is all about confidence
Submitted by Jawbreaker

90% of the time when I set up the super I aim to do the unblockable. This involves knocking the opponent down and then initiating the super and doing a cross over dive kick with d.mp on the other side when he gets up. The knock down moves that give I use that give enough time to start up the super and cross over the opponent when they are down are:
Neutral throw, anywhere on the screen.
Back throw into a corner.
Slashes into a corner.
mp, hp, b-hp chain into the corner.

now after the unblockable I generally do one of two combo options:
d.mp, d.hk and then jump again. You cannot mash the d.hk after d.mp for it to combo, it has to be timed.
or d.mp, d.mk, hard slashes, then if you are quick enough you do two hk dive kicks and the second should cross over again for another unblockable… the result is a really damaging combo. I will check out the damage data tonight on DC for the exact numbers.

If the unblockable is fucked up or you are on the DC and the person knows how to properly block the “unblockable” there are the options to make the person block the weak slashes until the super has ended. They can’t do anything because weak slashes combo into each other and there is no gap in between if you time it right that is… Even if they red parry they have to parry three slashes and by that time you are doing more slashes so they basically have no options/power for the duration of the super. You can also setup a mix up down and up game with the UOH and d.mp. They combo into each other so once you land an UOH combo away.

There are some situations when the person gets away from you when you are in Sei bu mode. You always have the option to be aggressive and try to rush with dive kicks towards them. There is also the defensive option of sitting there and doing c.hp. This basically puts up a wall and it’s very hard for the other opponent to hit you cleanly while you do this. This beats almost all the moves in the game and trades with some other ones. Do a c.hp and take a step back and do it again, this is even better.

For combos.
weak slashes combos easy.
d.mp, d.mk, hard slash, weak slash, lk, mk, hk into hard slash X 3.
… umm yeah that’s about all I ever do that are big.
Submitted by Rx7_infini3

the Seiei combo i use is after a knockdown, activate Seiei, cross up dive kick, low MP, low HK, repeat. each cycle does about as much as a palm strike and it’s “semi-unblockable” according to Mopreme. if you want one big huge combo then almost all of them do the same damage it’s just looks. although if you manage to find a way of getting multiple low LPs the damage can be pretty good but it’s pretty hard to get those opportunities
Submitted by DukeofTed

i use sa3 alot , after knockdown start sa3, cross up dive kick if it hits go into c.short-> jab mantis -> fierce mantis -> c. short repeat this till almost out of time then do c.forward into qcf roundhouse… pretty good damage… and you can rebuild super REAL fast. also if your playing against someone who doesnt get knocked down alot (shouldnt be hard to tho) you can always just activate it and continue playing since its SOO short to build up. =)

if they block it go into mind games like … c. roundhouse (try to get them guessing from crossup dive shadows and low hits) pretty hard to block and just repeat that process when waking up.
Submitted by RickDawg

close forward sjc.SE sets up mantis slash juggle in corner or forward senkyutai midscreen. Also keep in mind close forward can be comboed from divekick chain or jumping roundhouse.

As for character specifics in corner vs Urine, Gill, Hugo, Alex, and Dudley
close UOH, cr.forward, palm, sj. divekick chain

Specifically Yun
The reason it’s ‘hard’ to crossup Yun in the corner is because he cannot be crossed up by Yang in the corner. A bunch of other characters can’t be crossed up by Yun and Yang in the corner.

After the command grab players can quick recover after knockdown…only time you can’t quick recover is after a landed SA combo. Keep in mind you can launch wit close forward sjc into SAIII, knockdown with Senkyutai and your free to start your crossup.

And if you happen to land the crossover I wouldn’t do the cr.jabs into mantis, too much time wasted and too little damage. I usually go for cr.strong, cr.forward, mantis slashes, or cr.strong, cr.roundhouse

Submitted by Hallucin8

activate into c.fwdXpalm,j.mkXdive
good stun
Submitted by ShadowCharlie

SAIII combos are basically, just dive kick c.short (mantis slashx1)xn. This basically means you just do the first hit of the mantis slashes over and over. It does decent damage. To do less damage, but more reliably, you can (c.short xx mantis slashx1)xn. Basically, you do the same above, but c.short is easier to link.

Really, real reason why you use SAIII is for the repeated unblockable resets. By this, I mean you do a meaty crossup divekick, land c.strong. As the first hit of the c.strong hits, the last hit of the dive kick hits from the opposite side, making it either unblockable, or REALLY damn hard to block, not sure which. You wanna activate super after any sweep or any connected mantis slashes x3. Superjump towards, roundhouse dive kick, land, c.strong, c.roundhouse. Repeat the above. Does good damage not quite genei good, but oh well, that’s why Yang isn’t top tier
Submitted by erco

well, the most commonly used SA3 combo is:

(super activated) low forward/UOH -> fierce slash -> jab slash -> low short -> fierce slash -> jab slash -> low forward -> fierce slash -> jab slash -> low short -> fierce slash (super ends) -> low forward -> slash x3

of course, that works on a full SA3. if you start comboing with like 75% or less time remaining on the super, you’ll have to change the number of repetitions.

you could also start out with a flip but then you’d lose half the time on the super and it would deal less damage. but if the opponent has little life left, it would do the job.

if you want a reset combo, you could do:

(super activated) cross up dive kick -> low strong -> low roundhouse - - cross up dive kick -> low strong -> low roundhouse - - repeat until out of super.

this “combo” is relatively hard to block since there’s shadows flying everywhere and you might confuse the guy. you can also stick out a UOH instead of low strong and if that hits, go into the first combo listed.

good thing about seiei enbu is that when you activate it, the shadows protect you from retaliation so even if someone tries to super you, your shadows would still hit him out of their super.
Submitted by Pocari Sweat

Seiei-Enbu
-j.HK/j.MKxdiveKick, close MK sjc. SAIII, MK senkyutai
-in corner j.HK/j.MKxdiveKick, close MK sjc. SAIII, HP Mantis Slash
-Already activated:
-point blank UOH, (LP slash1)*N
-far UOH, LK, (HP Slash1, LP Slash2, LK)*N
-in corner (HP Slash1, LP Slash2, kick chain)*N
-crossups:
-knockdown, crossup divekick, cr.MP, cr.HK, repeat from crossup divekick
-knockdown, crossup divekick, cr.MP, cr.MK, Slashes
Submitted by TwinDragz

knockdown, Activate SA3, [crossup d+hk,short x2 XX palm] (repeat brackets)

May be possible to cause stun from this combo
Submitted by Blackstar14

Specifically Yun

Fabio likes to do single hit mix-ups or resets while Yang is in the mood.

Fabio would like to point out that the unblockable is really good, but it’s not perfect by any means. Yun players can get out of it easy, from almost any set-up. Yun is the hardest character or one of the hardest in the game to crossover with divekicks. In the middle of the screen he can be cross-overed, in the corner however, it becomes harder to do. But the real problem is that Yun gets up really quick, quicker than most or the rest of the characters. The semi-answer to this is:

neutral grab or hcb+k grab

neutral grab will knock Yun down close enough to initiate the crossover.

the command grab into c.mk mantis slashes does not let characters quick recover. (Fabio is not sure, correct him if he’s wrong) After the last mantis slash Yang passes under Yun allowing Yang to keep pressuring. This happens occasionally.

Another good, but not fail-proof way to cross-over Yun is to jump over him and lk divekick him. If Yun is crouching Yang can directly combo into c.lpx3 xx mantis slash. It doesn’t do good damage because after three c.lps and three mantis slashes you’ll do a 21 hit combo (not sure on number), that only serves to knock Yun down in order to do the unblockable.

A simple Sei-enbu combo is c.mk into fp, it connects and does a good amount of damage, it doesn’t knock down however.

Crossing over with two divekicks is pretty hard to block, don’t know if it’s unblockable though. It’s still a good way to do damage and confuse, after the 2nd divekick, it becomes pretty hard to pursue.
Submitted by Fabio2k5

Well,:sweat: that should be enough Seiei Enbu combos for you to take and practice for a while. Not all of these combos are practical but it’s best to just keep practicing and learing as many as you can so that no matter the situation you have something to use in your arsenal

SECTION 2: SE Chatter
These are all the topics in the Yang Section

http://www.shoryuken.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24443
^^^
Yang Everything

http://www.shoryuken.com/forums/showthread.php?t=91332
^^^
SA3 Unblockable???

http://www.shoryuken.com/forums/showthread.php?t=65349
^^^
Seiei Enbu

http://www.shoryuken.com/forums/showthread.php?t=77385
^^^
Sa3

http://www.shoryuken.com/forums/showthread.php?t=71875
^^^
Sa3 Help!!!

http://www.shoryuken.com/forums/showthread.php?t=70144
^^^
Best SA??

http://www.shoryuken.com/forums/showthread.php?t=67278
^^^
the new s.a.3 unblockable question

http://www.shoryuken.com/forums/showthread.php?t=54844
^^^
Seiei enbu comboszzzz(newbie)

http://www.shoryuken.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28836
^^^
Seiei enbu combos and setups

http://www.shoryuken.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14157
^^^
3S- Yang, the other twin

SECTION 3:SA3 Match/Video Footage

http://combovideos.com/page.php?id=465
Description-Rosihikari(Yang) vs. Koji(Urien) Rosi only uses SA3 once in the match but still uses it efficiently

http://page.freett.com/3rdpage02/
Description-A great combo video I believe made by RX and others. It has 2-3 Yang Seiei Enbu set-ups and combos, only downside is it’s pretty long to download for people on dial-up (like myself)

I’ll add up some more after in a bit

It’s possible to combo into Seiei-Enbu.
close forward sjc.SE sets up mantis slash juggle in corner or forward senkyutai midscreen. Also keep in mind close forward can be comboed from divekick chain or jumping roundhouse.

As for character specifics in corner vs Urine, Gill, Hugo, Alex, and Dudley
close UOH, cr.forward, palm, sj. divekick chain

edit-nice job compiling everything, looks like you have just about everything about SE here.

dont forget about activate into c.fwdXpalm,j.mkXdive
good stun

All you really need to know is

HP slash, LP slash, lk (I always use standing) repeat

The “unblockable” is pretty worthless against anyone that knows what they’re doing.

The cr. forward, palm, jumping reset is good, but doesn’t work on any of the big 3

My advice: play SA2

Or better yet: Play Ken

lol ya at the end I was going to put “But still, just play SA2” but never got around to it. Also if I had enough resourses I would add a Vid. section of Yang players that used SE and actually got some good damage out of it/made good use of it

The only one I’ve ever seen worth a damn is Ro…somethingjapanese

He’s the MK Yang in all of the Ranbat and Coop Cup vids

Their is also some Jap guy I believe that is strickly SA3. His names Ultrayox

Only Ro Yang player I know of is Roshikiri(think thats how it’s spelled) but I’ve only seem him play SA2, but im on dial up so I haven’t watched any Ranbats as of yet

He uses both depending on character he’s fighting

He keeps Urien in block stun the entire match with it, it’s great to watch

good shit man just picked this guy up, he’s mad fun with sa3, that bar is midget tier lol.

Ditto, good shit on the research, really appreciate it.:wgrin:

It’s Roshihikari. And yes…he owns all you scrub Yang players for free.

Hey, I was messing around with SA III a while back and I was wondering if it is possable to do another so called “unblockable” by hitting somone on both sides with a dive kicks…

Example: (after knockdown) Jumping HK dive kick, then as soon as you land you jump and do it the other way…, has anyone gotten the shadows to hit at the same time for both dive kicks? Thanks!

no.

The unblockable may be possible in older versions of 3s but not in SFAC (Which is what most of us are playing on, outside of arcade). Just block away from Yang and it’s that simple.

Thanks, I was just wondering because someone told me that he herd that you could do something like that while I was playing him in SA III, I didn’t really think so, but I just wanted to make sure…, I appreacte the info.

Fabio is glad that he found a good SAIII thread.

Fabio likes to do single hit mix-ups or resets while Yang is in the mood.

Fabio would like to point out that the unblockable is really good, but it’s not perfect by any means. Yun players can get out of it easy, from almost any set-up. Yun is the hardest character or one of the hardest in the game to crossover with divekicks. In the middle of the screen he can be cross-overed, in the corner however, it becomes harder to do. But the real problem is that Yun gets up really quick, quicker than most or the rest of the characters. The semi-answer to this is:

neutral grab or hcb+k grab

neutral grab will knock Yun down close enough to initiate the crossover.

the command grab into c.mk mantis slashes does not let characters quick recover. (Fabio is not sure, correct him if he’s wrong) After the last mantis slash Yang passes under Yun allowing Yang to keep pressuring. This happens occasionally.

Another good, but not fail-proof way to cross-over Yun is to jump over him and lk divekick him. If Yun is crouching Yang can directly combo into c.lpx3 xx mantis slash. It doesn’t do good damage because after three c.lps and three mantis slashes you’ll do a 21 hit combo (not sure on number), that only serves to knock Yun down in order to do the unblockable.

A simple Sei-enbu combo is c.mk into fp, it connects and does a good amount of damage, it doesn’t knock down however.

Crossing over with two divekicks is pretty hard to block, don’t know if it’s unblockable though. It’s still a good way to do damage and confuse, after the 2nd divekick, it becomes pretty hard to pursue.

Those were Fabio’s 2 cents.

I’ll add that when I get the chance

Fabio: The reason it’s ‘hard’ to crossup Yun in the corner is because he cannot be crossed up by Yang in the corner. A bunch of other characters can’t be crossed up by Yun and Yang in the corner.

After the command grab players can quick recover after knockdown…only time you can’t quick recover is after a landed SA combo. Keep in mind you can launch wit close forward sjc into SAIII, knockdown with Senkyutai and your free to start your crossup.

And if you happen to land the crossover I wouldn’t do the cr.jabs into mantis, too much time wasted and too little damage. I usually go for cr.strong, cr.forward, mantis slashes, or cr.strong, cr.roundhouse.

Fabio does not agree with the superjump cancel, perhaps it is because Fabio does not know of the options after it into sei-enbu, in the corner it is easy to know what to do. But wouldn’t it be better to just mp-fp-b+fp xx SAIII?

the cr.jab damage is horrible, but Fabio uses it because he crosses Yun over with it in the mid-screen. If not, Yun can grab him afterwards. But whatever it’s all based on opinion.

cr.jab is 3 frames. uber quick.

I updated the first post then added a video of rosihkari using SA3 on Koji a Urien player