Seimitsu LS-32 issue

I’ve just modded my LS-32 with a new handle and I was wondering if there’s a way to prevent the metal shaft from spinning because I haven’t been able to figure out a solution yet (anything I’ve come up with during the past few hours ends up hindering the interactions with the microswitches in a way or another, unfortunately).

This is the handle I transplanted on the joystick, it’s from an old Quickshot QS-131 “Apache”:

thanks in advance for your help.

nothing? :open_mouth:

First, the shaft is designed to spin so I really doubt you are going to find a way to stop it without totally jacking up the stick. And second, why the fuck did you put that thing on an LS-32?

not gonna use it with beat’em up’s of course, I got a second stick based on another LS-32 for that, this one’s for Sensible World of Soccer Online.

Since I’ve grown up as sensi soccer “tourny” player using these old Quickshots (the game was originally released on computers such as Commodore Amiga and Atari ST 520 and these joysticks were the shit at the time) I haven’t been able to play competitively with any other handle, it just didn’t feel right.

This is a shot in the dark because I don’t have a LS-32 but have you tried JB-Welding the shaft to whatever it’s connected to? You wouldn’t be able to disassemble it again though…v_v

Slightly off-topic, but Sensible kicks ass.

I don’t think there is any way this can be done - as said already, LS-32’s and all sticks of its ilk have been designed around the central shaft being suspended in the center and able to spin freely. You would have to really brainstorm and get creative and then modify it heavily in order to change that. If you have access to a parts machining facility and have the ability to create new parts you may be able to come up with something, but if it takes that much work - why bother? I suggest try a different tactic if you are set upon using this joystick-top. How about modding the original Quickshot joystick and PCB to work with whatever platform you need it on?

gonna use either one of the things pictured above (my uncle’s factory makes those for several european automotive brands such as FIAT and the likes) or four springs which would end up connecting the bottom of the handle to the joystick table, thanks everyone for your suggestions though.

Modding the original Quickshots PCB is out of the picture since I absolutely need the accuracy of the Seimitsu sticks; besides those sticks were very cheap technically wise, aside from the feeling the handle provides there’s nothing about them I’d save, I’ve even replaced the top buttons mechanisms with 2 Sanwa OBSN 30’s microswitches.

This is one of hte most retarded mods I have seen in quite some time. I applaud your for your balls though.

Everyone has their own reasons for a mod, and this is by far one of the most interesting I have read in tech talk lately. Please post pics, I would like to see exactly what you have going on.