Select/Back Linking (plinking) with a Qanba Q4raf [is it possible]

Select/Back Linking (plinking) with a Qanba Q4raf [is it possible]?

I’m just curious if it can be done. I opened my stick and my inner thoughts say yes but my rationality says no.

Note: I dont know anything about modding sticks

Edit:
So the main concern is the fact that the select button is wired into a seperate pcb directly vs a button like other madcatz sticks

Interior:

I know how to do it with a madcatz stick with start and select buttons i just heard people say you cant since the select button is connected to a pcb, then connected to the main pcb.

Was that person wrong or is it still possible?

I have no major soldering/electronics experience but im an engineer so im sure i can figure it out if its doable

Quality of Q4 3in1?

yes. plinking is related to SF4 game not the controller. although if you have no modding xp then you may be out of luck.

Plinking is able to be done on any standard Madcatz. No need for mod.

Blinking (with select/back button) will require you to rewire your stick. You basically need to move the power and ground wires that go to the select button to one of the buttons on your face (typically, the button to the left of jab button), which forces you to use a different button layout. Not hard, but will require basic ability with electronic components.

I know its not related to the game and only the controller and I know how to do it on a madcatz stick ezpz i curious about on a stick with select buttons wired to a pcb connected to the main one.

Keep i mind iv never modded a stick. I have soldered before but it was only step by step, my knowledge of circuitry is purely theoretical.

To post my main post edit:

So the main concern is the fact that the select button is wired into a seperate pcb directly vs a button like other madcatz sticks

Interior:

I know how to do it with a madcatz stick with start and select buttons i just heard people say you cant since the select button is connected to a pcb, then connected to the main pcb.

Was that person wrong or is it still possible?

I have no major soldering/electronics experience but im an engineer so im sure i can figure it out if its doable.
Or is it a “its possible but the solution is going to be pretty elaborate?”

Thanks again. Ill try to look into how sticks are wired soon im just looking for any prelim advice.

This is a light form of cheating as far as I am concerned. I also hope that Combofiend follows up on what he said about Capcom potentially removing select plinking from from Ultra and possibly plinking in general. Putting a select button in a convenient place is one thing but wiring your stick up for it is entirely different IMO.

I’m sure there will be people who disagree with my outlook though and I’m not judging you. It’s just an opinion.

You might not have in on the XBox One and PS4.

can someone answer this? have the exact same problem

Everything you need to know is in one of the posts above.

Do you have a Select/back button then you can select plink.

This might be impossible on the Xbox One and PS4 as Capcom has desired to get rid of plinking.

This won’t work for USF4 PS4 because select becomes the share button. Unless someone plans on playing USF4 for 360 or PS3 exclusively, this won’t be an good idea to get adapted to this style of gameplay.

Just find the traces to select in the PCB then solder to there.

I know, I was hoping USF4 was going to be good on the PS4 (but they managed to completely mess it up).
We are definitely not going to have select plinking in SFV, as the PS4 as you said has no select button. Which is also the direction Capcom wants to go into.

I believe in the tire fire of port that is the PS4 version of USF4 that you can still get the same effect as select/back plinking by hitting the desired button and the touch pad at the same time. The question at this point is will there be something like this in SFV.

Select button does not act as share button for ps4. And I have never soldered anything so prob a no go for me.

You don’t even need to solder. Just find which wire is the select wire in the wire harness going to the daughter pcb. Cut wire from the connector (near the daughter side ). Peel it away from the other wires. Crimp a .110
qd onto the wire. Find the button you want to be the select button. Remove the signal wire from said button. Plug newly crimped select qd onot button.

Easy peasy, fresh and squeezy.