[Sep 10, 2011] CG Greatest Battles (MK9 & MVC3) Sept 10th Corpus Christi TX (Corpus Chtisti, TX)

Well it looks like this week, we have a couple requested tournaments, an MK9 & MVC3, both tournaments that have been requested a lot by our friends. We have them set up on the same day, and I’m looking forward to the turn out. Suprisingly (or maybe not) MK9 and MVC3 people seem to be the same players, and thats part of why we are doing the tournament on the same day.

We will be doing the same in MVC3 and MK9 as far as keeping stats and having a point system to get prizes via betting on your favorite players.

1.) +++Schedule+++
Registration begins at 2pm, and ends when the tournament is scheduled to start. You can register early in this thread, but all fees must be paid before the tournament starts. No late entries accepted. No exceptions.

[INDENT=1]—>Marvel VS Capcom 3 (PS3) ---- starts at 4:00pm[/INDENT]
[INDENT=1]—>Mortal Kombat (PS3) ---- starts at 6:00pm[/INDENT]

We do have copies of MK9 & MVC3 here, but we can always use more for the casual tables. Please contribute games to the cause and if you prefer a system, bring it and if the community prefers the tournaments on a certain system let me know and we can keep it to one or the other. This tournament will be on PS3.
Casuals and warm up matches will be played until the tourney kicks off. I will start at 4:00pm, no exceptions, I don’t care how well your match is going I will boot you off of any TVs we plan to use for the tournament. You will be able to play casuals on other TVs we will have available or watch the tournament.

2.) +++Game Specific Rules+++

[INDENT=1]MORTAL KOMBAT CHARACTER SELECTION[/INDENT]
[INDENT=1]No Download Characters, or Unique Characters allowed. (Looking at you Kratos)[/INDENT]
[INDENT=1]Quan-Chi will be unlocked.[/INDENT]

[INDENT=1]Marvel Vs Capcom 3 Character Selection[/INDENT]
[INDENT=1]Galactus is banned. (lol)[/INDENT]

3.) ++++General Rules+++++

[INDENT=1]–THEFT WILL NOT BE TOLERATE[/INDENT]

[INDENT=1]–PLEASE BRING YOUR OWN CONTROLLER.****There will be some controllers provided, but not all of them are high end controllers, expect you will be facing someone who is already borrowing one of ours, and that the others are unavailable.[/INDENT]

[INDENT=1]–Double Elimination standards. Players’ placement on the brackets will be set randomly. I will not arrange the brackets for people so they do not play a person they showed up with. It will be RANDOM.[/INDENT]

[INDENT=1]–Arcade Standard rules[/INDENT]

[INDENT=1]–Set will be best 2 out of 3.[/INDENT]

[INDENT=1]–Winner keeps their Character. Characters may be changed after a loss.[/INDENT]

[INDENT=1]–Do not use game breaking glitches, you can be disqualified for them.[/INDENT]

[INDENT=1]–In game macros are allowed (PPP, Lk+Lp, etc.)[/INDENT]
[INDENT=1]Pausing during a match gives the opponent the opportunity to take the round, or restart the match.[/INDENT]

[INDENT=1]–Rapid fire and Programmable Sticks/Controllers with preset combos, moves, etc. will get you disqualified.[/INDENT]

[INDENT=1]–Dual Modded Sticks are allowed, but if the Judge suspects you have modded it to not show a flashing light during turbo, and you are caught using turbo, you will be disqualified.[/INDENT]

4.) +++Entry Fee+++
[INDENT=1]Venue Fee: $3[/INDENT]
[INDENT=1]Marvel VS Capcom 3 — $5 entry fee[/INDENT]
[INDENT=1]Mortal Kombat 2011 — $5 entry fee[/INDENT]

5.) +++PRIZES+++
[INDENT=1]Same for both games[/INDENT]
[INDENT=1]**1st Place — **70% prize pot cash[/INDENT]
[INDENT=1]**2nd Place — **20% prize pot cash[/INDENT]
[INDENT=1]**3rd Place —**10% prize pot cash[/INDENT]

Corpus Thread vrs. 2.0

im in!

DARK WESKER RISES

gawd damn… gonna suck dealing with’em

there weren’t that many…actually quite a lot of varied teams that was nice to see.

were you there? I didn’t see much of the team in your sig. I was just spectating because I’m not very good at mvc3 at all.

ooh yeah, i was there… the ammy/hulk/magneto was my first team…
i was running taskmaster/doctor doom/haggar. i was playing on a fight pad… lol

it was fun though, hope they were serious about having these like once or twice a month!

i was actually surprised i didn’t see many pheonixs… saw enough weskers though. lol.
back to practicing for the next one!

I had a good time for my first ever tournament. I hope theres some more marvel soon.

i agree man. my first as well… and i think we played.??

Yeah we played near the end I think. I had to play almost 4 matches in a row at the end so all of the names escape me, aside from the fact that I have trouble remembering them anyway. I do remember the task and doom team however. I noticed you did the back out of the corner to vert legion arrow dhc sphere flame. I used to have doom on point and task second and I used to tac and then dhc back that way and thought it was cool that I wasnt the only one who thought of that.

haha, a fellow doom/task player, sounds like we thought similar with the two.
im dropping task, picking up dorm and idk who else… refuse wesker and pheonix, lol.
maybe some hulk, hsien-ko… spencer, or ryu action.

oh, so who ended up winning it all?? the wesker/haggar/pheonix team?

Yes. Fedora 1st, Jewelman 2nd, and I got 3rd. Both of my losses were to jewelman lol.

wow, congrats man!
hmm, was jewelman one of the ammy teams? he liked doing that up/front reset with her…
lol

Amaterasu Hsien-ko and Wolverine.