[Sep 18, 2011] Midwest Mixup (Springfield, MO)

http://www.mwmixup.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/MW-Mixup1.jpg

$10 Venue Fee includes admission to the 1984 Arcade. Arcade games from the 80’s will be available to play during the entire tournament. They have an amazing collection of arcade cabinets that will be set to “free play” so no quarters needed!

Games:
Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition ($10)
Marvel vs. Capcom 3 ($10)
Mortal Kombat (2011) ($10)
Tekken 6 ($10)
BlazBlue: Continuum Shift ($10)
Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike Online Edition ($5)

This is a “Bring Your Own Controller” event. All tournament games are double elimination and will be played on the PS3. The event will take place on Sunday, September 18th from 9:30 AM until we are finished (by 8:00 PM for sure).

Prizes:
The prize pool will be 100% paid out to the players. The payout is split between the top three players in each game with 70% for 1st place, 20% for 2nd place and 10% for 3rd place.

Schedule:** (**Tentative)

Sunday
9:30 - 10:30 Check-In
10:30 - 12:00 Tekken 6
10:30 - 12:00 Mortal Kombat 9
12:00 - 2:00 BlazBlue: Continuum Shift 2
2:00 - 3:00 Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike Online Edition
3:00 - 5:00 Marvel vs. Capcom 3
5:00 - 7:00 Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition

The times may vary as we find out how many are competing in each game.

Early registration is $10. Help us by registering now so that The Midwest Mixup can run as smoothly as possible.
Be sure to check out our website for more information and to register.
www.mwmixup.com

Also check out the 1984 Arcade.
www.1984arcade.com

Oh, wow, had NO idea about this. Gonna drop a line for this in the Springfield thread. If you’re playing, you should drop by our thread and come out to some hookups if you have time:

Definitely going to make it out to this. Looks like it should be a good event.

From their website: “The prize pool will be split by the 1st, 2nd and 3rd place finishers in a 70/20/10 percent split respectively.”

And while a $15 venue fee by initial comparison may seem excessive for a tournament in Springfield, remember, this is in 1984, and includes free access to all of their arcade.

I can’t wait to see all the new people who come to this…Springfield needs a bigger scene than it currently has.

LOL, posted that in the wrong thread. >.>

But yeah, dat BlazBlue.

I am one of the organizers of the tournament. We will keep in touch through the forums here. Please feel free to ask any questions, just know that we are currently ironing out the details. We will be able to solidify the schedule once we have a feeling of how many participants we will have. Please register through our site.

Wanted to let you all know that I’ve made a few updates to the tournament post. I’ve added a tentative schedule and posted info about early registration. I’m glad to see such a great level of excitement for this tournament. Can’t wait to get everyone together. Only six weeks until tourney time! Spread the word!

Sweet, I was just getting ready to post up that I may not be able to make it since my Dad’s birthday is on the 17th, but if the AE and MvC3 tourneys are Sunday, I will make those for sure. Wanted to get in on dat BBCS2 as well, but ah well.

Yoooo~

If you guys don’t mind, I’m gonna go ahead and post this up on Dustloop’s Tournament board.

Works for me. Thanks Markus!

Just wanted to let you all know that we are now having the tournament on Sunday, September 18th only. The venue fee is also only $10. Please register on our website so we can get an accurate headcount. Thank you.

Early registration is $10. Sign up at our website. www.mwmixup.com

Hey, I went to go signup (surprised I didn’t before lol) and it looks like the registration page isn’t working, it’s just blank.

Torrey, thanks for the tip. I have fixed the registration page. We are having the tournament for sure on that Sunday the 18th. 1984 is working with us on accommodating everyone. I hope to see you there.

Just a reminder that this Sunday is the tournament at 1984 Arcade. You can register at www.mwmixup.com with a Paypal account, or you can bring cash to 1984. Check in is from 9:30 to 10:30 AM on Sunday. Hope to see you all there.

Good games to everybody at the Midwest Mixup tournament this Sunday. Warden stole the show by winning 5 of the 6 games that we played and Markus continued his dominance as the BlazBlue Champion. There are some names that we should just get used to seeing at the top. Here are the results.

Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition

1. Warden
  2. Sang
  3. drunkninja

Marvel vs. Capcom 3

1. Warden
  2. drunkninja
  3. Sang

Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike Online Edition

1. Warden
  2. Sang
  3. drunkninja

BlazBlue: Continuum Shift 2

1. Markus
  2. Mouse
  3. drunkninja

Mortal Kombat 9

1. Warden
  2. Jaraxxus
  3. Chris

Tekken 6

1. Warden
  2. Sergio
  3. Show

Thanks to everyone that came out to the 1984 Arcade and a special thanks to those that brought equipment and games. We had a great time and look forward to seeing you all again at the next one.