[Sep 3, 2011] CG Street Fights (SSFIV:AE & SF3:3S) Corpus Christi Tournament... (Corpus Chtisti, TX)

Hello!

Doing another event at the “Casual Gamer” and we are planning many more events in the future. Coming up is a 3rd Strike & Street Fighter 4 AE tournament to celebrate the release of 3rd Strike Online on PSN & XBOX Live. We also know everyone likes getting together to play against other great people and I would personally like Corpus Christi to become a place of real competition. My old tournaments at the Gamers Den were big enough to attract players like Marn, Latif, and many other great players. We’re going to grow the community in Corpus and build the scene because there is a lot of potential here and this city can serve as a great location for people from many different cities to meet without having to make a super long trip.

Thanks to all the people who want to participate in the fighting game community and if you want to host your own event here, please get in touch with me via PM or just come by the store.

[INDENT=1]+++Schedule+++[/INDENT]
[INDENT=1]Registration begins at 2pm, and ends when the tournament is scheduled to start. You can register early in this thread, but all fees must be paid before the tournament starts. No late entries accepted. No exceptions.[/INDENT]
[INDENT=1]—>Street Fighter 3: 3rd Strike (PS2) ---- starts at 4:00pm[/INDENT]
[INDENT=1]—>Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition (PS3 & XBOX360) ---- starts at 6:00pm[/INDENT]
[INDENT=1]We do have a couple copies of SSIVAE here, but we can always use more. Please contribute systems to the cause and if you prefer a system, bring it and if the community prefers the tournaments on a certain system let me know and we can keep it to one or the other.[/INDENT]
[INDENT=1]Casuals and warm up matches will be played until the tourney kicks off. I will start at 4:00pm, no exceptions, I don’t care how well your match is going I will boot you off of any TVs we plan to use for the tournament. You will be able to play casuals on other TVs we will have available or watch the tournament.[/INDENT]
[INDENT=1]+++Game Specific Rules+++[/INDENT]
3S & SSF4AE CHARACTER SELECTION
Players MUST register a Character and Ultra/Super prior to the match. It is the Judges responsibility to ensure that the players stick to their choices. The Loser of a match may elect to return to the Character Select Screen. The Winner MAY then reselect their Ultra/Super only before the losing player makes their choice.
Failure to abide by these rules can and will give the match to the other player, and a continued failure to follow the rules will result in disqualification.
[INDENT=1]+++ Location +++[/INDENT]

[INDENT=1]Name: Causal Gamer/Play Again Classic Video Games[/INDENT]
[INDENT=1]Address: 5301 Everhart Rd Suite P[/INDENT]
[INDENT=1]http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=Play Again Classic Video Games, Corpus Christi, TX&aq=0&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=21.319447,56.162109&ie=UTF8&hq=Play Again Classic Video Games,&hnear=Corpus Christi, Nueces, Texas&ll=27.716433,-97.385688&spn=0.011587,0.027423&z=15&iwloc=A[/INDENT]
[INDENT=1]++++General Rules+++++[/INDENT]
[LIST]
[*]

[INDENT=1]THEFT WILL NOT BE TOLERATED[/INDENT]
[*]

[INDENT=1]PLEASE BRING YOUR OWN CONTROLLER!! Simple rule, bring your own controller. [/INDENT]
[*]

[INDENT=1]Double Elimination standards. Players’ placement on the brackets will be set randomly. I will not arrange the brackets for people so they do not play a person they showed up with. It will be RANDOM.[/INDENT]
[*]

[INDENT=1]Arcade Standard rules[/INDENT]
[*]

[INDENT=1]Set will be best 2 out of 3, Winners Grand finals will be best 3 out of 5[/INDENT]
[*]

[INDENT=1]Winner keeps their Character. Characters may be changed after a loss.[/INDENT]
[*]

[INDENT=1]Do not use game breaking glitches, you can be disqualified for them.[/INDENT]
[*]

[INDENT=1]In game macros are allowed (PPP, Lk+Lp, etc.)[/INDENT]
[*]

[INDENT=1]Pausing during a match gives the opponent the opportunity to take the round, or restart the match.[/INDENT]
[*]

[INDENT=1]Rapid fire and Programmable Sticks/Controllers with preset combos, moves, etc. will get you disqualified[/INDENT]
[/LIST]
[INDENT=1]+++Entry Fee+++[/INDENT]
[INDENT=1]Venue Fee: $3[/INDENT]
[INDENT=1]Street Fighter 3: 3rd Strike — $5 entry fee[/INDENT]
[INDENT=1]Super Street Fighter IV: AE — $5 entry fee[/INDENT]
[INDENT=1]+++PRIZES+++[/INDENT]
[INDENT=1]Same for both games[/INDENT]
[INDENT=1]**1st Place — **70% prize pot cash[/INDENT]
[INDENT=1]**2nd Place — **20% prize pot cash[/INDENT]
[INDENT=1]**3rd Place —**10% prize pot cash[/INDENT]

The RGV Thread - As South As South Can Get Part III

no cheese play please!:rofl:

man u guys need to put the mk arcade collection i will be there :{D

I love(d) UMK3 and MK2. So wish I could play that again…

I’m not sure what that means.

I think he only wants good players to show up. But it doesn’t matter, since Justin Wong is going to show up and knock him out of the first round, causing him to play poorly in the next several tournaments, and not being able to jab into hands, into EX hands, then into jab-hands.

@Legit_Gill
There is a difference between friendly trash talk and trolling. Don’t go starting flame wars.

meow :x

hi pozerwolf :slight_smile:

Herro!! :smiley:

people better come. I can actually block and take chip instead of blocking with my face and taking full damage in these games now

i will probably go to this since i have nothing else to do.

Thats my next planned tourny. I’m probably doing Ultimate MK3 & MK9 next. :smiley:

Pozer, are you coming to visit?.. we don’t play no Guilty Gear here XD j/k
I saw you play at at the last Arcade UFO stream, looking forward to seeing you here.

Maybe if Marvel 3 was added on the list, I would’ve gain some interests.
Sadly, I won’t be able to enter the event due to schedule conflicts.

Oh yeah.

After beating ya’ in SBO quals, Aurthur was implying how he had a better honda than you.
So I played him, and I raped his white ass. AND THEN HE COST ME A GAME BECAUSE HE WOULDN’T STFU!!

Results Thread.