Severed Power Cord

Hey, I have one of the old MvC2 TE sticks and have had it since jan. and the power cord got severed in an accident, should have put the damn cord in the trap door, but shit hindsight and all.

Anyway I know nothing about how to go about getting this repaired. I have since picked up a new stick, cause I thought it was a lost cause, but I just noticed this part of the forums in SRK, and thought what the hell. I mean it’s been collecting dust since the cord was severed and I hate to get rid of it when all that’s wrong is the stupid USB is severed, I tried searching all over the net but maybe i’m being too specific that it is a TE stick and not a run of the mill USB. ANYWAY, is there anything or anywhere someone could point me to so I can find some info about getting this repaired either by me or someone who fixes this stuff. Thanks in advance!

Simplest, fix would be to strip the wires where the rip is, connect the matching coloured wires, and then cover with electrical tape/heat shrink.

However, it would be better if you posted pictures.

Here is the cord attached to the TE
And this is the cord with the USB connector

I hope these images aren’t too shitty but if they are i’ll just wait a bit to get the camera.

Like d3v said: easiest is to strip both ends down and match up the colors. USB is a very easy cable to splice.

kk i’ll look into doing that thanks much guys :slight_smile:

Just in case you wanted to see something a bit more thorough: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZUi7BOmkaUM&lc