I have seen alot of people looking for padhacks for custom sticks so I just wanted to give my experience upgrading my 15th annv stick. Keep in mind I have never done anything like this before and I CANNOT solder to save my life. I also explain a little more on my flicker set here if your interested.
This is a Prehacked pad by HarumaN who I found here (update: see end of this post for SRK contact info) it came very well packed and labeled, it was an official xbox 360 controller and he wired it so both of the triggers were functional as well. It was very professionally made. I was very impressed (I guess he does all sorts of padhacks but this is the one I bought)
This was my old Street Fighter Annv stick . I loved the shape of it and used it plenty on my original xbox, but now that is gone and I wanted it to work on my 360 (and retain all current functionality) I have not put a new button for the guide yet but I am considering it.
Here is the bottom there are 10 screws found along the perimeter that need to be removed the inner ring of screws hold the controller cable spool in place so there is no need to remove them. On my flicker set here I marked them in case it was unclear.
Here are the insides of the stock unit I unplugged the cable that connected to the controller adapters, but otherwise it is untouched. As you can see it’s not the really nice Happ one but i am thinking about maybe doing an upgrade myself in the future (as of right now it looks like most parts are impossible to find).
This is a shot of the padhack as it was labeled when i received it. Notice the outline for the LT RT and a separate ground for them, this is what enables the trigger functionality without extra add-ons (very ingenious IMHO). But this allowed me to just transfer over everything with no need to even own a soldering iron which is great.
I labeled all of the buttons so that I didn’t need to keep flipping the stick over. (Note: I probably should have thought this out better but I have NEVER attempted to do anything with an arcade stick before so the directional marks are reversed IE: the white trigger on the bottom right actually registers up not down as I originally surmised)
Here is the final after all is done all I needed was a couple screw drivers and a small drill for the two mounting holes and a twist tie. Also I had to remove two screws from the bottom of the cover to slide the 360 wire through the spindle (had to remove a bit of plastic as well but not much to get it through).
So that’s it, it only took about an hour to an hour and a half to complete, I don’t claim to be an electrician (all of the hard work was done for me lol) . This is my first time documenting something like this so if i have forgotten anything feel free to ask.
Update I guess HarumaN signed up here you guys can find him here