I’m looking to get a pair of heavy duty arcade controllers. I’m looking to preorder the SFIV Mad Catz but was wondering if there was anything else comparable to this in terms of quality, durability, and reliability? I used to own arcade sticks when Street Fighter 2 came out on the SNES and the experience is that much greater for us. That being said, it seems that there are 6 leaders in this category for the PS3:
- The X-Arcade Solo Arcade Joystick: http://www.xgaming.com/solo.shtml
- The Salaubi 4k Arcade Stick: http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-1i-49-en-70-22b8.html
- Arcade In-A Box Controller: http://www.aiabstore.com/category.sc?categoryId=9
- The Hori Real Arcade Pro 3 Fighting Stick: http://www.amazon.com/Playstation-Real-Arcade-Fighting-Stick-3/dp
- The upcoming Hori Street Fighter IV Fighting Stick(similar to #4): http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-zl-49-en-70-36ak.html
- The upcoming Madcatz official Streetfighter IV Fightstick Tournament Edition: http://www.amazon.com/Street-Fighter-FightStick-Tournament-Playst
Obviously, no one has tested the Madcatz(How have their past products been? ) sticks since it hasn’t been out yet. But I was wondering if anbody has had any experience with any of the other companies and Arcade controllers whether it be for the PS3 or any other systems. I’m looking for quality, durability, playability and reliability. Thank you for any feedback.