SF2T vs. Honda Ochio cheese help

Do you know how to get out of repeated ochio ticks

i usually get knocked down and then i get meaty c. mp or something and then i get thrown

I’ve tried jumping

i’ve tried jabbing

I’ve tried reversal throwing

but it’s online so i can’t really do reversals which i’m guessing is the only way out

If you do the ochio ticks right, I don’t think you can get out of it. Or can you?

It’s c.LP

Jumping is only good if they’re sloppy (jumps towards very sparingly, and don’t attack as you jump back). Don’t be surprised if this rarely works.

Jabbing? Wtf game do you think this is? :slight_smile: Old-school is not jab-friendly upclose… jabs have startup, throws don’t.

To stop it: Reversal special (preferably) the tick itself, or throw it (ha). As for the Ochio, reversal escape special works (if it’s safe). If not, reversal throw the Ochio… I hope you have good throw range and CPU-like timing. :slight_smile:

EDIT: I imagine with lag this would be crazy hard to stop once you take the tick. :confused:

It’s a pretty sweet tick throw, but yeah, you can get out of it. I’m not sure if you can throw out of it when it’s properly done, but I really doubt it. I’ve never seen it done ever, with a properly done ochio or spd or typhoon. But you can dp/flash kick/backflip/spd/etc/etc out of it for sure, unless Honda has just done something to make charge characters lose their charge (butt slam or crossup, depending).

This brings up an interesting question, though: do throws have startup frames, or do they happen immediately?

To be honest, I really don’t know. I always thought they were instant.

As for Ochio, if they’re negative… he has no choice but to counterthrow or reversal SAFE IF BLOCKED special.

Yea it is

I can usually do reversals (at least in cvs2 and 3s) but I imagine they are alot harder in sf2t especially since the commands are tighter ect.

but yea with lag it’s nearly impossible I try to dp the meaty c. lp , get hit by it then get thrown anyways.

I’m also having a oddly hard time doing dps online/with kb so he gets in pretty much for free

I guess I’ll try to rely on trip guard sweep right?

I still don’t have it down perfectly can anyone help me with using trip guard sweep as a AA

You’re not doing anything wrong. The best thing you can do is use a reversal against whatever meaty attack he’s using. It sucks, I know, and I imagine it’s even more stupid online.

From what I hear all grapplers are retarded online.

If you’re having trouble reversing, use the piano method. 6 inputs greatly increases your chances of getting it.

honda fat fuck

:rofl: , so you’re still alive also. Haven’t seen you post broken english in a while :tup:

i break americen like bored

ryu best man :cool: