Sf3 Online Edition. How to prepare?

I was always a big fan of Sf 3, i watched a lot of videos on youtube (thx to theshend :tup: ) and i played 3s bc i have the anniversary collection for the 360.
I tried basic combos, basic parries and some other basic stuff (for example Piano Key pressing)
But how can i prepare best for the new sf, how can i learn to parry better (just parrying training or is there a trick?)
And were can i find all important combos for the characters?.
I the past i only have looked up some stuff at the sf3 3s section at eventhubs.
Thank you for your help :karate:

Number 1 is stop thinking that learning combos is going to make you any good at this. It’s not sf4, it’s not easy. You’re just going to have to play it with other people and learn. I’m not one for these glib replies, but you say you practiced your basic combos and your basic parries so you should be set for the first two months.

Event hubs doesn’t know shit about 3s they’re just repeating things that other websites said and feeding it to you with the event hubs tag. If you want to learn 3s watch your japanese match videos, your denjin ranbat videos and some random norcal videos. Don’t just do what they do either, you can pretend to be skillful but you can’t pretend to understand and you really want to understand what’s going on with this game because nothing is safe and many of the players that got a head start on you know this. Good luck and have fun!

Number 1 is stop thinking that learning combos is going to make you any good at this. It’s not sf4, it’s not easy. You’re just going to have to play it with other people and learn. I’m not one for these glib replies, but you say you practiced your basic combos and your basic parries so you should be set for the first two months.

Event hubs doesn’t know shit about 3s they’re just repeating things that other websites said and feeding it to you with the event hubs tag. If you want to learn 3s watch your japanese match videos, your denjin ranbat videos and some random norcal videos. Don’t just do what they do either, you can pretend to be skillful but you can’t pretend to understand and you really want to understand what’s going on with this game because nothing is safe and many of the players that got a head start on you know this. Good luck and have fun!

there is a 3rd strike sub forum for this

Just make sure you enjoy the game!

I’d play training mode and practice hit confirms, just sit in that room with the computer on auto block, and practice Chun-Li’s Low Forward xx Super 2 until you never activate super on a block.

Then take note of priority, spacing and basics while you have fun and play the game!

I have an older brother who has been playing 3s for over 10 years and I have never beat him, every day I go out there and try and get better so maybe someday I can beat him and achieve my goal!

stop lying.

Play at the local arcade or play on GGPO

tee hee this was a good one

Learn how to parry
input karakusa
???
profit!

oh no srk is regressing…

Please keep that 4chan bullshit off of SRK

isn’t the anniversary edition for regular Xbox? meaning that the servers are down and you can’t play it online any more

So first i know that learning combos is not as important as in sf4 and i watched a lot of matchvids.
But i can`t just go to an arcade because i live in Germany (i dont know 1 Arcade here not to mention a arcade with people playing 3s) and there is also no one to play offline (and in the last time no one to play online).
I just asked for some combos i can try in training mode (i know some stuff like the kara palm for yun but no other combos for him for example).
I know i can try some stuff for myself but i just thought you guys could help me with some helpful information or some advice.
And sry for not posting in the 3s forums but since im a newbie at 3s and that is the newbie forum, i think i choosed the right subforum.

Also thanks to the people who gave some advice.

Buy 1200ms (fuck your PS3) points, sit on your ass and wait.

you could try your hand at frame traps…maybe?

Like cr. short, cr. short…take a step forward and start cr. short, cr. short again.

There are more, and most option selects in 3s will nullify these traps, but not always and they’re good to know.

Get on ggpo or 2df and expect to get trashed and bodied by 70% of the ppl you meet and than after some months u gonna probably improve.

Agreed, I’ve been straight ass raped on GGPO by a whole bunch of people… no homo… but they are helping me improve my game…

hit confirms and punishes.

by punishes I mean, go look at the frame data and find out what your character can do to punish pretty much everything. I’m serious, what can your character punish with super(good place to start), normals, specials

Tap down until you see a parry than press d. MK xx Super.

I joke … Unless your playing chun … God until you play a high level chun you have no idea how annoying that game can be. But in all fairness I’ll play it everyday and enjoy it unlike the breaks I need from SSFIV.

Play how you would like any other fighting game.
Play someone that is at a less level then someone your level then someone a bit higher. Record and watch for your mistakes.