SF4 Ryu Match-up Thread

Various pages:
Other matchup page can be found HERE
Ask AKS216 can be found HERE
Matchup Videos can be found HERE

Well I have decided to consolidate all of the info on all of the Ryu matchups into one tight space…so here it goes:

Abel

Akuma (Gouki)

Balrog (M. Bison/Mike Bison)

Blanka

Cammy

Chun-Li

Dan

Dhalsim

E. Honda

El Fuerte

Fei Long

Gen

Gouken

Guile

Ken

M. Bison (Vega/Dictator)

Rose

Rufus

Ryu

Sagat

Sakura

Seth

Vega (Balrog/Claw)

Zangief

Crimson Viper

Thank you! That’s a lot of work, and very handy to have all in one place. Who would have thought the SRK Ryu forum was working on a novel!

ah sweet good move … ctrl+f time

It only took me a few of hours to do, it wasn’t all that time consuming.

I appreciate this. Good work :tup:

Good work!

:woot:

Thank you so much !

A few hours is a few hours that you could have been playing SF or watching telly etc, but instead you did something that will help many people’s game. So I say that’s generous.

I guess the next step is to actually break down the advice into a list of, say, 10 pointers/tactics/tips for each matchup- to make a handy cheatsheet to look at/memorize. As I said, there is A LOT here, all in quite a raw form, but it is the material for making an amazingly useful FAQ. Not that I’m suggesting YOU do that, I’m just putting the idea out there.

Thank you and this needs to take over the current/old match up thread .

I came to this mainly in need of help against Rose players . Everyone else ( I’m not sure about Dhalsim , my second weakness . ) I seem to pretty much know all about their strategy . It’s just Rose is somehow giving me a hard time even if I win some or lose some . All I know is some cr.k to soul spiral has good recovery and her throws seem to come in more quicker than my own throws or srk ( Is this true ? It feels like it when I play her online for some reason ) .

Her soul spirals havea min’ of -4 and a max of -8 frame adv. on block. You can throw a poke out after blocking it, but you need to be fast. If youre facing that samecombo a lot, it might be worth using a neutral jump to stuff, or try psyche DPs - though they are risky, of course.

Her throws come out at 3 frames - the same as Ryu’s.