Sfa1

One of my favorite arcade game of all time.
What are the top tiers?

I guess it goes something like but that’s my own feeling:

Akuma
Sagat
Sodom
Charlie
Ryu
Adon
Rose
Birdy
Ken
Chun-li
Bison
Guy
Dan

guy is god-tier in alpha 1. broken re-dizzys.

sub

Everyone was broken in that game. Yep.

Never met a really good Guy player. The only one I met was someone named Marchall… and he sucks really bad at Guy… even worse than the computer in normal level.

What do you mean by broken? I mean… besides Guy infinite and Sodom unblocable HK, and Chun-li god like priority moves, how are the other characters broken?

Believe it or not, I play this game even more than SFA3 and CvS2.

Re-dizzy combos. The ones you mentioned are the obvious ones.

The ones I mentioned are the only one I am aware of. What about Ryu? Rose? and so on… how are they broken?

auto mode ken comes to mind as well, but i dont recall why o_O

ken was hella good, c.short,c.forward,c.rh,jab roll series was way too good. it was a lockdown.

but nothing compared to guy at all, no matter what

I’m more a Alpha 2 player but on Alpha 1 my (imo) is:

Akuma
Ken
Ryu
Sagat
Charlie
Chun Li
Rose
Sodom
Adon
Bison
Guy
Birdie
Dan

No way. Why is Guy that low?

You’re asking MA? lol

Course that may be bcause he too has never faced a good guy, but outside of Akuma owning everyone else in that game, Guy was the best.

Ops… I was doing the list and I forget that guy had a good combo system on Alpha 1 (on Alpha 2 hes really way worse) I miss that one, now I remember how I had the tier list on my Alpha 1 times:

Akuma
Ken
Ryu
Sagat
Charlie
Chun Li
Guy
Rose
Sodom
Adon
Bison
Birdie
Dan

If anyone has different or same tier list please post it so we can exchange ideas.

Expand on these broken redizzy combos please…

Guy is broken as hell. Bottom tier my ass.
Alpha 1 wasn’t my bag.

It just seemed like a broke ass game that revolved more around doing large chain combos than actually outthinking your opponent.

Don’t you mean “Why is Dan that low?”:clap:

You guys are forgetting how top Rose is.

Her, Guy and Akuma tops.

Guy was pretty sick in Alpha 1. In Alpha 1 he had more then the MP, HP and FF chain goin for him. When you dizzied someone you could start a chain that would dizzy them again. So if Guy landed his dizzy combo, he could do the same combo again and get a second dizzy off of it. You would have that problem in Alpha 3 but it doesn’t allow you to be re-dizzied in a combo. Plus just about all of Guy’s normals could be canceled into his special moves. If you’ve seen a decent Alpha 2 or Alpha 3 Guy then you can see why Guy was on top of his game in Alpha1.

Jump-in HK,LP,MP,HK,MP,HP,(mk/hk hayagake)

I don’t think Guy was THAT broken, I mean everybody had somethin scary in Alpha 1. They should have left his cancelability alone through all the Alphas. Imagine a cross between Alpha 1 and 3 Guy. Oh and Akuma shouldn’t really count since he was a secret character anyway. People only picked him after their other shoto’s got smacked around.

WHY IS DAN THAT LOW

He was pretty damn good in A1, IMO.

Rose is tops in this game as well.

Her, Akuma and Guy are strong. Ken’s great too.

There’s tier listing in the old VS book if anyone has it.