Sfa3 world championship full vids discussion

I posted this initially in the video gallery, but I feel it’s worth posting in here as well. Maybe get more discussion. If it’s not appropriate, go ahead and close it.

These vids aren’t mine but I thought they deserved a look if people haven’t seen since this was the first ever usa japan encounter.

I think most of us have seen the recap of the matches but someone posted the full matches awhile back. It’s nice to see where sf and a3 was before it was played at the very best (vism madness) and what tactics people were doing. Important to keep in mind the young valle that was playing here is equivalent to the justin wong of today, probably at his prime. It was pretty insane watching Daigo adapt.

*I’m not sure if I’m correct, but at the end of the game 1, it looks like Daigo is asking alex to the translator to ask Alex to sit farther away from him. During the first match, Alex was sitting on the right side of the left cabinet and Daigo was sitting on the left side of the right cabinet, right next to each other. Later Alex moved farther to the left and Daigo farther to the right.

HMM old school tactics…maybe playing side by side versus head to head does make a difference. It’s funny because I just recently listened to the podcast on gootecks.com with the uk players, and one of the players named harmonaz, said the same thing. If he were to play valle in a tournament, it would insist they weren’t sitting next to each other.

Another thing, it looked like they were going to play another set, when the guy came up and announced Daigo was the winner.

[media=youtube]lySgtcw58Qc[/media]

You can find the rest of the matches on the links to the right.

Exhibition Matches (the complete set is on zachd)

[media=youtube]cqFUPnD3UfA[/media]

Nice Rolento from Valle vs Daigo’s Guy

Yeah, Daigo’s A-Guy was just beastly. I remember the vid of his Guy vs Cole’s Sim…Holy shit. I still play A3 here and there and I’m still trying to achieve that kind of nirvana with A-Guy. That neutral fierce dash xx fierce xx dash loop is too good. Practically a free throw off that.

It did end abruptly. They switched it to 2/3 instead of 3/5 without telling anyone.

I’ve DL’d all of the a3 vids from zachd’s site but I can never tell who’s playing who…I would love to know who’s who while watching those vids. A3 is still the shit, love this damn game.

The better player is Daigo.

Yes side by side can be quite different. Apparently Pakistani players, for instance, play entirely side by side and instead of watching the screen, they watch the opponent’s hands. Head to head gameplay would not work as well in side to side matches. I talked to quite a few Pakistan players and they basically said that the fact that the opponent is constantly watching your hands, is the reason why they turtle so damn much. Watching their matches, you see that they are really afraid to attack.

I’m not sure. Asides from your fanboyism, Valle has a history of owning Daigo and, if I’m not mistaken, when Daigo did beat him directly (in a way - Alpha 3) he did it because people stopped the fight midmatch and gave Daigo the win. Better this than midgame at least. Not to mention that Daigo could study the US players while they layed their finals and could choose to sit far from Valle, among other things. Maybe Daigo owned Valle a bunch of other times. I don’t know. What I saw was Valle banishing Daigo for all Evos with his performance, sending him home with barely any money last year. Quite entertaining.

Tell that to Yipes.

^ everyone rep this guy.

I would, but the other 500 posts of dumb shit he’s said still outweights this 1 post where he’s made sense.

HMM old school tactics…maybe playing side by side versus head to head does make a difference. It’s funny because I just recently listened to the podcast on gootecks.com with the uk players, and one of the players named harmonaz, said the same thing. If he were to play valle in a tournament, it would insist they weren’t sitting next to each other.

IMO this is the ego speaking. Not necessarily harm or daigo, but rumors of him watching your hands start becuase people don’t want to believe anyone is able to read them well enough to get that psychic DP… so they just make excuses like “oh he watches your hands”. Or maybe he does, but I donno, you’d need some pretty gdlk peripheral vision to watch the screen and your opponents hands at the same time… Other wise he’d be getting baited just by people wiggling the stick.

Unless you’re at an extremely high level player against Valle in a game that isn’t one of his best, you will probably be losing to him the majority of the time regardless of what orientation he is sitting at.

I beat him the first time I played him at Evo in ST, and after that it was absolutely ridiculous how I couldn’t do anything at all because he always had the right response to my attacks beforehand… never seen anyone use some of the tricks he had, or the same “awareness” of the opponent.

This isn’t an online tournament. You don’t know anything about it.

That was pretty godlike. :rofl:

Using your type of logic, you weren’t there so you don’t know anything about it either and technically pretty much no one else in this thread would either. Your comment is meaningless, especially coming from a scrub.

???

No he doesn’t, at all. Winning some small amount of matches (out of a much larger amount of loses), most of those wins being from pretty close matches(not to mention, using O Sagat), isn’t ownage.

Thank you. Just for you, here’s another.

The difference between me and you is that I attend tournaments that don’t take place in my mother’s basement.

You don’t have to attend the tournaments to know stuff about them. And who says your tournaments were on the same scope as this one? Your little 4-5 man tournaments where you finish 4th of 5th aren’t very meaningful.

If you honestly think you can capture the tournament experience on 2DF and YouTube, then you are the most pathetic human being on SRK. Even if the tournaments I have attended and will attend were as small as you say, that’s still better than sitting in front of a computer, abusing lag and calling it “talent,” and saying that a player’s quality is determined by their race.

Danm.

EDIT: SIGGED.

Let’s see.

They played 3rd Strike. Valle won.
They played ST. Valle won.

Where is that larger amount of losses?

Just so you know, those guys playing KoF online with the names RealValle and Daigo4Eva aren’t the real Valle and Daigo, so that doesn’t count.

Maybe Daigo beat Valle years ago, but I can’t see it in your post. In 2007 vs Valle, he was just a loser. Not to take anything away from Daigo, but japanese fanboyism can’t change the results.

Next you may say that Choi winning more games than Japan altogether at Evo doesn’t mean shit (please don’t say it).

Are you really a racist? And by that I mean do you really think japanese are inherently superior at fighting games? (you can let the Choi ownage slide in your answer BTW)

Checkmate.

This deserves rep.