SFIV Fight Stick SE - Adding extra buttons

I’d like to add additional buttons on the sides of my XBOX360 SFIV Standard Fight Stick (Think pinball flippers), and I want the buttons to be mapped to the LB/RB inputs. I also want the current LB/RB to function as normal. how would I go about wiring it? Also what tool is the best for making a precise hole into the plastic where the new buttons will go?

Also, I have read the LED tutorial, but what about if one just wants to have the LEDS on (not button-activated) whenever the console is on? Is there a section on that in the thread?

Thanks!

the easiest way to add the buttons would be to splice into the wires going to those buttons already.
and for drilling the holes since its just plastic you could use 30mm drill bit like this one

they cost around 4 bucks at home depot.

i think you use a 28mm drill bit ill let someone else confirm it

yea your right its 28mm

[quote=“antojoso, post:2, topic:94480”]

the easiest way to add the buttons would be to splice into the wires going to those buttons already.

So just to make tremendously sure I have this exactly right, I have 2 buttons with 2 connectors each, each connector has a wire. So wire 1 from both button a & b are spliced together and so are wire 2? Does it matter which wires connect to which quick-disconnect?

[quote=“transfan”]

Just make sure you wire them correctly and not make a mistake and have say 2 ground wires on the same button.