SFIV PC on Windows 7 RC, Fightstick compatibility problem

A few months ago I nabbed an SE Fightstick and modded it with a Sanwa stick and buttons. I was then able to get the appropriate drivers and get it to work fairly easily. When SFIV came out for the PC it worked like a dream.

I recently converted to Windows 7, and then the stick just worked without me having to do anything. I played SFIV for a few days with absolutely no problems. All of the sudden though, it’s on the fritz. Occasionally if I press a button it acts as if I’m holding it down. It also has laggy inputs. Strangely enough, the home button sometimes works too, which it never did before. I’m not sure what happened, but I can almost guarantee that it’s a software issue, as the stick still feels responsive, and I somehow doubt that the stick and all the buttons just decided all at once to break.

Does anyone have any clue how to fix this?

Which SE did you pick up? I take it that it’s the PS3 version, means you’ve mentioned having to download drivers (the 360 controller drivers are included with Windows). I have not seen any ps3 drivers that work with Windows 7, you may have to wait on that until it hits GA for people to get their hands on it and start making homebrew drivers.

My bad, forgot to mention that. It’s actually a 360 SE. Like I said, I haven’t had any problems with it up till now, and I don’t know why it’s being wonky. Also, back when I was on XP I had to use the Windows Common Controller driver to get it to work. I don’t know if installing that on Windows 7 would help or make things worse though.

[EDIT]
Apparently it was a fluke. I restarted the comp without the stick plugged in, and then plugged it in when I started SFIV and it worked fine. Oddly enough restarting the game or restarting the computer didn’t fix it shrug. In any case, the problem is solved.

good to hear you have it sorted, remember also have the stick pluged in before you launch any application,/game/emulator you wish to use it with.

It has nothing to do with the drivers. I’m on windows 7 and my PS3 TE stick works perfectly fine.

There is a thread here on the tech forums explaining why PS3 TE/SE sticks don’t work on certain computers. You should read up on that instead of spreading false information and causing more confusion.