SFS, Miami,FL June 26 and 27, Up to $1000 In bonuses! Featuring Arturo Sanchez!

South Florida Showdown

Final Round Arcade will be hosting its one year anniversary tournament, South Florida Showdown, on June 26-27.

7827 West Flagler Street, Miami 33126
Inside of the Mall of the Americas (beside AMC)

Schedule:
Saturday, June 26
11am Sign-ups begin
1pm SSF4 Singles begins
2pm CVS2 begins
5pm (estimated) 1 hour break
6pm SSF4 Teams begins
6pm HDR begins

Sunday, June 27
1pm SSF4 Teams Finals (top 4 teams)
2pm Alpha 2 begins
3pm SSF4 Random Select Tourney begins
5pm (estimated) 1 hour break
6pm SSF4 Singles Finals (top 8)

Rules:
SSF4 Singles (360)
Double elimination 2 out of 3 matches. Winners, losers, and grand finals will be 3 out of 5. Winner must keep the same character. Evo rules for ultra- may be switched by winner but must be chosen before opponent picks his ultra. Blind pick may be requested.

SSF4 Teams (360)
3 vs 3. Japanese rules. Player A plays until defeated. Teams must keep the same character throughout tourney. Ultra may be changed. Lineup may be changed by losing team or from one match to the next. One match per team until winners, losers and grand finals which will be 2 out of 3 team matches. Teams must keep the same character, ultra and order throughout the entire tourney.

SSF4 Random Select (360)
Double elimination 2 out of 3 matches. Winners, losers and grand finals will be 3 out of 5. EVERY MATCH your character must be selected through random select. This includes the person who won the first match in a set.

CVS2 (Arcade)
Double elimination 2 out of 3 matches the entire tournament including finals. Winner must keep same team and order.

HDR (360)
Double elimination 2 out of 3 matches. Winners losers and grand finals will be 3 out of 5. Winner must keep the same character. No characters are banned.

Alpha 2 (Arcade)
Double elimination 2 out of 3 matches. Winners losers and grand finals will be 3 out of 5. Winner must keep the same character.

Fees and prizes
Required venue fee of $15. This will include the console section and all fighting games on free play for Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Fightings games (arcade) include: 3rd strike, CVS1, CVS2, Alpha 2, Alpha 3, Killer Instinct and UMK3.

SSF4 Singles- $10
SSF4 Teams- $30 per team
SSF4 Random Select- $5
CVS2- $5
HDR- $5
Alpha 2- $5

Payouts for all games- 70/20/10

Pot bonuses
$500 in pot bonuses is guaranteed for this event. This consists of a $250 bonus for the SSF4 singles winner and a $250 bonus for the SSF4 Teams winners.
For every 10 additional SSF4 entrants after 50 Final Round will add another $100 total in pot bonuses to SSF4 singles and SSF4 teams. This means if we have 100 entrants, the pot bonus for SSF4 singles and SSF4 Teams will be $500 each!

Local Hotels:
Doubletree Miami Mart Airport Hotel and Exhibition Center
www.doubletreemiamimart.com - (305) 261-3800

Days Inn Miami International Airport
www.daysinn.com - (305) 261-4230

Residence Inn Miami Airport West/Doral Area
www.marriott.com - (305) 591-2211

We appologize for the short notice. We wanted to try and squeeze this in before EVO. South FL local Flash Metroid will be in attendance. Some out of state pro’s might be making it to this as well.

Thanks to all in the SF community who come out and support. I will try and answer any questions as promptly as possible.

MiamiX-Alex

…Random Select Tournament!!! :lol: YOSH :nunchuck:

Edit: Actually, won’t make Sunday >.> Will probably show up for teams though =)

Yea we wanted to throw something a little different that would be fun for all. Hope to see all the broward guys in attendance.

MiamiX-Alex

Hey alex. Can we make teams 3v3 instead of 2v2. It would run faster and we probably get more people to get in that way. Just a idea. Ask everyone on the forum and around what they think

We will be there to witness some more great moments!

Rico Suave
Inthul
Dr.Chaos
Lud

(attendees is subject to change)

is there any ps3 setups, if not is there arcade sticks for the 360 there

if* .

I second my dismay at there being no PS3 setups. Rough!

Well if you prefer 3 on 3 you can request it here and we’ll make a decision the week of the tourney.

MiamiX-Alex

Great! We welcome the talent and competition. Lolling forward to seeing you guys compete.

MiamiX-Alex

We have one excellent arcade style ps3 set-up which we will be using for the tournament, but, both players must agree to use the set-up. Most of our players exclusively 360 players and so the tournaments will be primarily held on the 360. We do have TE sticks available at request.

MiamiX-Alex

Alright we will ask everyone around about it alex. Thanks for giving me the chance. I just think 3v3 would run smoother.

We have one excellent arcade style ps3 set-up which we will be using for the tournament, but, both players must agree to use the set-up. Most of our players exclusively 360 players and so the tournaments will be primarily held on the 360. We do have TE sticks available at request.

MiamiX-Alex

Alex I spoke to arturo today in a stream. hes said hes gonna hit you back up soon

Dang wish there were a way to hack my ps3 controller onto the 360

I’ll be attending this event for sure. Thanks to Alex Navarro, Angel and the rest of the Final Round Arcade crew. Hope to see everyone there :slight_smile:

oh oh… just like old times in the south florida challenge :slight_smile:

Yessir. Should be good having Sabin come down. Now im still waiting for Inthul and Rico to text me back with a yes. Hope for the best!

Sabin in SFL.Time to GET HYPE!!With Hyena sending some DMG people that are going our way to make it extra hype. It should be something special.It’d be appreciated if some people for the other florida communities could make it especially anyone in Florida who went to CEO in Orlando for sf.Come see how we do things in SFL. That invite isn’t just for floridians if your from out of state and you think your legit come down here and play.Let’s do this.
On another note: 3v3 is the way to go.

will try and make it out to this tourny and get smashed =(

maybe i might have a gief mirror vs manny???

anyways hope to see yall there!