SFV Character Request/Anticipation Thread

high tier sean please

I would love to see some Final Fight characters returning, either some classic characters like:

• El Gado, he’s from Israel so good bringing of a new nationality and fighting style.
  • Damnd, looks like a mix between Blanka and Dee Jay, LOL.

Or the Final Fight 2 and 3 protagonists:

• Maki, if they decide not bringing the Cody & Guy duo back, she could replace Guy at least.
  • Dean would be quite nice but they would have to flesh out his fighting style and give him more martial arts.
  • Carlos not really, the sword’s too problematic.
  • Lucia would be my top choice, but I guess as long as Chun-Li is in Street Fighter she wouldn’t have a choice.

From Rival Schools:

• Kyosuke, great looks and good gameplay.
  • Akira, my top choice, she’s just perfect for Street Fighter in every sense
  • Roy, dat Terry Bogard style B|

Sagat can come in later updates, he is a bit too shotoish and similar to Ryu to make the initial 16.

I agree about the old school buried fighters. Maybe Ruby Heart, Akira, Batsu, etc…

Ruby Heart doesn’t fit at all with Street Fighter, as for Batsu, there’s really no need for him when there’s already Ryu and Akuma.

Street Fighter should get it’s own Duck King.

Dee Jay and Damnd from Final Fight Revenge pretty much fit the description.

my last thoughts on this matter is “I hope Capcom doesn’t resort to listening to fans for who to put in their games anymore.”

Some Rival School Characters, Jack the Knife, Alex’s Mentor (I Forgot his name), Dan’s Father (brought back by Illuminati), & Hakan’s wife.

What a LOL.

Dorai, Haggar and Necro

SF5 will be about the end of Shadaloo. Charlie’s there so Chun Li’s father should be there, too - as a mind-controlled or cyborg S.I.N. weapon or Illuminati.

Mel (Ken’s son)

No, he shouldn’t.

Wonder if people will still be mad if Q is chun’s dad. Though I can’t see it myself personally.

I wouldn’t be mad, but just convinced Capcom doesn’t actually care about the story they’ve made themselves (or hole they’ve dug for themselves).

There are just some characters that have been dead, are dead, and will remain dead, and those are Goutetsu, Chun-Li’s father, and Dan’s father. All 3 are dead, and if they weren’t they would be too old to fight as each are around Gen’s age by now in SF3. I’ll give Capcom a pass with Oro since he’s ancient, but let’s not make this a recurring thing. If we are ever to see those 3, it NEEDS to be in an SF Alpha version, and the story would have to happen when Ryu and Ken are perhaps Mel’s age now. Speaking of Mel, he’s too young to be fighting – in SF3, he is 3 yrs old. Unless SFV happens at least 13 years after SF3, then let’s let him be a kid. You really wanna be beating up a kid who hasn’t even reached puberty yet? Long story short, unless Capcom does a complete reboot of SF, these characters, right now, can’t happen.

Someone made a point about Charlie, and that we all just assumed he was dead after he defeated Bison, but it was never confirmed, that’s why he’s back. Charlie not being dead, okay Capcom, fine. But at least he’s still at an age where he can battle.

Batsu doesn’t play like Akuma.

I’m hoping for characters representing the following countries: Canada, Australia, Finland, and some latin country that isn’t Brazil, Mexico or Spain.

I wouldn’t be mad but at this point it wouldn’t make sense from what we know about Q. He has blonde hair barely peaking from underneath his mask in a few pics. I know we can’t count artwork as the gospel but him being her father is a weird concept…even for the street fighter universe. I’ve wanted to know his story for a while but I feel ANYTHING at this point would be disappointing, no matter what background info it turned out to be. Better to keep the mystery…he still literally makes no sense which to me anyway is why he is so interesting. He wins a round, turns his back to the player in bewilderment looking up at the sky and all around rambling to himself, like he doesn’t understand anything. Organic material present in his body but can survive detonations that come somewhere from him. Stalking after particular children who always seem to be well dressed indicating possible wealth or a lead for him to “investigate” (or maybe looking too far into that one). “X Ray” shots of him when electrocuted show some freaky muscle structure instead of bone and his mask, not what’s behind it. The mask “eyes” are supposedly just cutouts with the yellow glow coming from whatever is behind it. A lot of neat details rolled into him that keep the questions coming on what he is. But if he’s Chun’s dad somehow, so be it.

Double posted it up =/

He has the air hadouken, so there’s no sense on having him.

Who knows. I just want more Juri though. That is top priority for me right now.