SFV Character Request/Anticipation Thread

Why is Sakura so popular, I find her annoying as hell and always have done. Even back in the alpha days I thought she was a high pitched whiney lamer.

anime wierdos, a lot of them

(and i love anime)

Would be a damn good season in my mind.

Just saying, CvS2 Sakura with a dive kick and no traveling projectile might be a thing, they added those two moves to her in Omega mode. Ironically, by the definition I’ve seen many of you give, losing the projectile would make her no longer a shoto.

I just hope the next season is not the final season and had at least 10 characters of diverse selection in game play. Not against sakura or her projectile just please no shoto all star season.

Surely it is’nt
The game is supposed to expand for years, and recently they said to be confident about it surviving in the long time

At least 10 char i dunno, but we can suppose a 8 char season?

A kinda realistic S2 at this point can be

Akuma (count as S2?)

• Sagat
  • Fei Long
  • Sakura
  • C.Viper
  • Oro
  • Sean
  • One between Q/Rose/Abel/Ed/A shitty waifu doll?

If it goes so it will be a kinda decent season, i will get Sagat and Fei and i’m curious to see the New prequel Sean

I wish i can get Cody, Sodom, NEW characters, get rid of update wasted for sakura crap, see how they redesign Gill in SFV… but for all that probably i will have to wait S3 or later

Unless Capcom proves otherwise, I consider Akuma to be a part of Season One. It’s really weird of them to tease Akuma like that basically a month before Capcom Cup (where we’re supposedly getting Season Two announcement), so I think they’ll add him and the Dojo stage in December along with the Balance Patch for the rest of the cast, and then start with Season Two sometime in 2017, probably February-March again since that’s when CPT 2017 will begin

Will be cool if they add him free+costumes in both S1 and S2 Season Pass

So it will add value to S1 but also push S2, specially considering that now who don’t have S1 have already spent FM for first 6 chars

To me it will not change anything as i will buy anyway S2, but will be the smart move on theyr side… it will give the perception that the price of S2 include also secret surprises

I doubt Sean would be included. He wasn’t still a warrior during the SFV timeline,he is in SF3. Then who knows which type of Sean Capcom wants? The strong one from NG or the joke he was in 3s? Who knows. Personally I want only Makoto,even if her original playstyle could be too good in SFV.

Akuma is not season 1 because Akuma was not sold as part of the season 1 pass. He is definitely the beginning of season 2, as I doubt he will go on sale before the end of the year.

I agree that Akuma will likely not be a part of S1, but I don’t think we can say anything definitively yet.

I personally could see both Akuma and Sagat being sold outside of and between S1 and S2 because if Capcom requires everyone to pay for those two characters separately and outside of a season pass, then I think they will make more money. Also, they could then sell them right after CC in December, before 2017, which would make sense if S2 started in 2017 (not saying it has to).
Others have made the argument though that Akuma and Sagat must be part of S2 to help it sell, but I don’t know what the S1 season pass and DLC sales numbers were like for Capcom (and frankly, I have no clue what kind of logic Capcom is ever using anyway) so I think it’s hard to say anything for sure yet.

Honestly, I’m still surprised (but not entirely so) that Akuma is even the next DLC character to be released.
I actually like Akuma, but with T7 and all, I was expecting him later.

So?

So he will be sold as part of the S2 package. Why would Capcom in their right mind NOT use Akuma’s casual popularity to push the sales of the Season 2 pass? Or even spearhead the 2017 marketing initiative of the game. S1 is over.

Season One is not over until Capcom says so. Your argument does not any power at this very moment

It certainly holds more power than yours at this very moment, and no amount of 'uh… no’s will change that.

Again, if they’re smart it will be compatible with both S1 and S2

S1 current owner will likely get S2 anyway, it will just rise perception of a single season value.

It’s all in Capcom’s interest push the idea of Season Pass being a crazy good deal

Sean is still a fighter during SF5. He simply doesn’t imitate Ken’s fighting style yet. He only uses Matsuda-style Jujitsu. So his moveset should be very different from his SF3 moveset.

The Season Pass contains all the characters from Season 1. If Akuma isn’t in the Season Pass, he’s not a Season 1 character.

So according to your logic Capcom should’ve said from the beginning that Akuma is coming to SFV, ruining the hype and the surprise?

This

He should be like

50% Agile brawler
30% Matsuda JJ
20% Shit he just learned from Ken that still can’t do well

Will be fun if they put some errors in his animations a la Shingo

kinda confuse… I just hope his part of the season one and bonus in season 2?

I like his tornado

And this than his different version of Dragon Smash… because this is like a basic rebound move using the body than than both hands to push the opponent aways. because it’s more logical even in basket ball using the body to boxed the opponent