SFV second beta October 22

Seems no one ever started a thread about this.

http://www.capcom-unity.com/combofiend/blog/2015/10/07/street-fighter-v-beta-2-details

Just pointing it out since I stumbled on it and there wasn’t a thread.

HURRAY!

“Since the last beta, we’ve announced quite a few new characters and I’m pleased to confirm that they will be selectable during the beta. When the beta launches, Ken, Necalli, Vega and R. Mika will be selectable. As we’re still reviewing our content delivery system, Rashid will be added in on day two (October 23rd) and Karin added on day three (October 24th). The characters from the previous beta: Ryu, Chun-Li, Cammy, Birdie, Nash and M. Bison will not be selectable this time around.”

Yeah we probably should have had the beta thread OP update the thread title but oh well.

24th for PC users as an FYI.

I love that the previous 6 beta characters are not selectable. That’s awesome.

No more fighting Ryu over and over.

Fuck no, I wanted to play as top-tier-thick-thighed-waifu Chun. Now I gotta settle for second best with Ken.

But there’s even more waifus now to play. It’s okay to have multiple waifus.

I already have this info in my stickied FAQ thread. If there’s really important info about the game or a general question, it will most likely be in the FAQ.

Good thing they removed Ryu and replaced him with Ken. We won’t fight a whole lot of Kens or nothing. :expressionless:

HADOUKEN!

Anyway yeah I figured since I didn’t know until I visited the unity site, other people probably didn’t know either. So this thread is probably a good thing. Now everyone clearly knows with a bright and wide thread title.

Shame the PC players only get a very short time with the Beta

That is pretty rough. I’m glad I got a ps4 heh. Actually got one just for this game so I guess Sony did a good job huh

Sony are the guys that put SFV back on the map, so you can expect a priority to PS4 for betas and tournaments.

I don’t think they WANT to do it to PC players, but they might be a little scared of what will happen to their servers if they open up the servers to both systems at once. We ALL know it would break.

I was thinking about that as well. Like they want to gauge the pressure from ps4 players and then adjust accordingly to add in PC players.

Can we get a damn countdown clock for SFV release? About 6 months to go?

I don’t think Capcom has given a final release date yet

Yeah, just the ‘Spring 2016’ estimate. Retailers are saying March, but no one knows if that’s true. We probably won’t know until Capcom Cup at the earliest.

Personally I feel a delay is coming, no way is this game going to be finished and fine tuned to a polished state in time if the development isn’t fully finalised yet.

I hope not cuz my birtyday is in March so would be good bday present. Oh well.

why not? the server issues have seemed to have been corrected on the PS4 side, and there is still a ton of raw development time left. Remember games usually don’t go gold till somewhere around the 21-40 day mark before release. March is a hot month for video game releases, pretty much equal to November to Sony in a lot of ways. The game will be good to go by then. There could be a PC side delay though.

Seeing as how it’s extremely likely we’ll have seen gameplay of all 16 characters before the end of the year, I don’t think that there will be a delay. The only thing I could see even possibly holding them back is the CFN, but again, I doubt it. I’m sure that fine tuning is done constantly until right before they get to their final build for release. The only difference is that we get to see it/feel it this time.

Looking forward to getting online again and beating all the newly revealed characters since the last Beta :slight_smile: