SFxT Bugs and Glitches Thread

Not sure if this is true (I don’t have the game yet). But people are saying you can’t do 2 player couch co-op online against other players for the XBOX360 version. Can someone check this out?

I suggested maybe logging Player 2 in as “GUEST” (like you have to for Halo and Gears)

I can’t seem to get a Guest or anything online with me. On the main menu it says “This mode is for 1 player” on 360.

That doesn’t sound good… Is this just a bug that will be patched?.. Or did capcom say that feature is for PS3 only?

that feature is not in the 360’s manual while it is in the PS3 manual, thinking it may be PS3 only…

Wowwww! Capcom NEVER mentioned this as a PS3 exclusive feature (from everything I’ve seen and read)… What a joke. Every other negative thing about the game I can excuse, but I REALLY wanted to play that game mode. This is a mistake!

WTF? Could more people try local pair play on the Xbox please?

My brother bought the special edition version tonight for the Xbox 360 and it says in the manual on page 22:

A Quick Tip from Dan
If you have 2 controllers, you can team up with a friend to play an online battle! It’s easy – just press the START button on the other controller while at the Character Select screen! This is called Local Pair Play!

We tried to play scramble mode online. Figuring that since it was their “party” mode it would most likely be the one to let us play together on one console (I could understand it being rejected for ranked play) but it didn’t work. Didn’t work in a ranked game either. Didn’t try Endless.

We even have 2 gamertags so we tried to invite another in to the game and it just sends the invited player to the start screen once you accept the game invite… it tries to join the game/player (which of course doesn’t exist anymore since the game went to the start screen) and gives a “Unable to join lobby” type message.

Didn’t see any message about having the other controller press start. We were using 1 arcade stick (the mad cat, SF TE? - red, black, white sides) and a normal Xbox 360 wired controller.

I hope they’re aware of it and can patch it in some how.

Edit: here are images of page 22, the manual cover and game box cover:

Wow that’s a dumb thing to make exclusive, and not mention it anywhere.

anyone experiencing the old sf4 bug where crouching attacks wiff on the opposing character? its only happened to me once, but my chun did a cr.mk against crouching hugo and it went right through him, though he was doing a cr.mk himself (which hit me and knocked me down… salt flew)

before anyone asks im SURE that chuns cr.mk was able to hit cause i was in recovery frames when hugo hit me with his cr.mk and i was damn near point blank.

-dime

playing a match just now, i threw the opponent twice(once forwards and once back) and rufus like…warped into the ground during the animation both ways. it didn’t seem to happen or do anything other than during the animation of the throw, but man it looked weird

xbox version

yea it has it in my manual too so maybe they have to patch it in. mind you i have the xbox special edition too. i don’t have anyone i can test it but by your accounts it does not seem like it works.

I hope this is the case. A day 1 patch or something.

i think the “teleporting” people speaking of has to do with Capcoms netcode ala it’s own rollback feature. So it’s not really a bug persay but a bad connection

When using a custom soundtrack the game randomly lags up at the character selection screen. I can move the cursor around but when I select my character it’ll take a while for that character to show up on the screen and then I have to wait even longer for the gem selection stuff. PS3, if it matters.

I am really upset about the online sound glitch. I’ll post what I posted in the Netcode thread.

Sound glitch is the kicker. I mean how in the hell could this glaring issue get by Capcom? I didn’t realize until playing this, but I use the sound effects as audio cues for my links and combos. The fact that the sound completely drops out, or is lagging way behind the action is unacceptable. If this were any other fighting game this community would be ripping this game to shreds in terms of its polish online.

I pretty much feel the same way. I’m getting raped through lag and a lack of sfx because I’m having a hard time figuring out what’s going on without the sound. I’m really hoping it’s going to be fixed in the patch that should be out today.

May I suggest to be a lab rat until this issue is addressed? I won’t bbe going online anythime soon maybe for anpther two weeks. I’m experimenting with characters

I’m on 360 and don’t even have the option to go online with the mode I want (the 2 player co-op), even if I wanted to endure the lag :-(… This game is a mess right now.

I have noticed an input bug.

I am getting the “quick combo” input when i tag in a partner in. It keeps saying im doing Lp and Kh (or what ever) and the animation for the quick combo of that character starts up. Is there a way to turn off quick combos for my character?

As mentioned earlier in the thread, I have also had the Down Forward input bug happen to me. It skips my diagonal input on occasion. Hopefully these are things that can be worked out…

Im honestly having a hard time understanding how capcom could let these bugs get through. Ive had the game less than 24 hours and have noticed multiple bugs. Get your shit together cashcom. Quit worrying about DLC and fix the effing game.

Other than that, probably my favorite game of all time so far.

And someone really needs to test the online co-op feature. If that is really something that is PS3 exclusive im going to flip shit. What the hell are they thinking? How was this feature not implemented from day 1?

Everyone on this site loves to bash Mortal Kombat til its beaten to a pulp, but even NetherRealm and their terrible netcode had the co-op online feature implemented.

Not to mention this games SELLING POINT IS CO-OP PLAY!!!

Get it fixed. ASAP.