Shenmue 3 Kickstarter?

The creator of Shenmue 3 said that he is considering a Kickstarter campaign to fund the third installment. But apparently there would still be some conflict because Sega still owns the full rights to Shenmue. My dad and I would play this shit all the time when he still had his dreamcast and it was such a great game. I really do hope this campaign and project comes to fruition.

Shenmue is a lot like the film Independence Day, as a spectacle it amazed all of us who were kids at the time, but then as you grow up and your standards evolve you realize how hollow an illusion it is. Shenmue 2 on the other hand, was awesome even though the fundamental game play didn’t drastically change it had substance and pacing, 2 elements that were as lacking in the original as logical coherence is in any Roland Emmerich pic.

For a long time I was one of the many who were starved for Shenmue 3, the story is pretty fucking epic and with the way 2 ended it’s sad how long Sega been blue balling fans. However, as years passed I just stopped caring, but if this ever went to kick starter I’d fund it in a heartbeat.

let it go people…just let it go.

Don’t get your hopes up.

You’re just mad you couldn’t find any sailors.

Is there anything stopping Sega from endorsing this kickstarter if it ever got started? It’s not like they have anything to lose