I only really started getting seriously into fighting games these past 2 years and I only got a TE stick in mid july. That equates to about a month or so of practice with it (much less since i took two weeks vacation in Japan but I played a little bit of Tekken and AE there).
My history has been this (chronologically)
- Download emulators, screw around with random games playing on the keyboard
- Have CVS2 on PS2 and play on a pad
- Have MBAC on PC and play on a keyboard
- Play Third Strike and KOF 96 and Vampire
- Love Third Strike and start playing with keyboard since I have no stick
- Get pretty good with keyboard and with makoto and can do all of her stuff save for consistent 100% stun
- Roommate gets an xbox and super 4.
- Take my friends random tekken 6 wireless arcade stick and start playing as fei long and doing trials
- Am pretty decent and can do Inputs to the left with no problem and could get through about 3/4 of his trials, linking etc is no problem for me but cannot do supers to the right side for the life of me
- leave boarding school
- finally order TE stick off of ebay
- start playing third strike on DC and PS2 but they don’t have input display so I cannot diagnose (July 2011) and have no xbox yet
-still cannot do double qcf motion to the right consistently (by that i mean like 1/10 of the time)
-cannot do c.mk xx shoryuken consistently (super comes out sometimes, sometimes hadouken, only way to do it is do F, D, MK, DF, P)
-cannot do normals into supers (but can do specials into supers, ie hadouken xx shikuuhadouken)
should i be worried about my progress? Or am I right where I should be and should just keep practicing? And in terms of knowledge of the games / how I play I’ll say that on third strike i pretty much know all of makotos stuff, i just can’t execute.