Should I buy the fight stick?

I just bought SSF4:AE for the pc and I’m really loving it. I had been using my 360 controller for it and it has served me well. But being a noob, you can’t even compare me to the intermediate fighters, so I want to up my level. Does it make a big difference when you play with a fight stick? Any easier combos? I’ve recently started to work on my FADC to better my combos. It’s pretty hard with the 360 controller but I will persist because I love SSF4:AE. All in all I’m a noob to the series and I want to get better.

It feels much better playing on an Arcade Stick, going by my own experience. The switch is tough in the beginning, but that’s normal.

I don’t think you can go wrong making the switch. Converting to a stick isn’t going to make you a better player alone, but it helps. At the end of the day, it comes down to preference-- there’s nothing wrong with being a Pad player, but if you want to make the switch, I say go for it.

Btw, there’s a great topic on this. Here’s the link, in case you haven’t seen it yet:

Yeah, I’m new to the forums and the posts were pretty vast. So thanks for the advice and the link man.

Yeah, I didn’t figure it would make me a better player but it seems anybody who is serious uses a fight stick.